Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Translation for Cross- Language Friends

Hey Hi!

I have a question. Do we have the potential for integrating say Google Translate or something for people? I know that's often not 100% correct. So, if there's a better thing, I'm into it.

I flubbed a conversation with someone I was very excited to talk to, but I wasn't really understanding that a lot of what I was writing was perhaps mistranslated/ distorted/ misunderstood.

However, I do use slang OOC and casual speak or idioms, so, I know that can still be a bit of a task.
Google browsers have built in translations and there is a browser extension for other browsers. There is also one for DeepL, which is known to be more accurate.
.the.MILK.theef. Topic Starter

Jooters wrote:
Google browsers have built in translations and there is a browser extension for other browsers. There is also one for DeepL, which is known to be more accurate.

I was thinking so. And, like, if I'm really unsure I guess I'm a person who would also not be afraid to ask for clarification.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with 'integrating' the translation tools?
Or what would be the problem of using the mentioned and other searches off the RPR website?
.the.MILK.theef. Topic Starter

Sin-fonie wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with 'integrating' the translation tools?
Or what would be the problem of using the mentioned and other searches off the RPR website?

I personally tend to have good luck with copy-paste translating and asking follow-up-clarification questions.

But, I was taken by surprise recently when I seemed to upset someone as they were having a hard time understanding me.

I am probably doing too much, but, the issue had me thinking about suggestions.
Okiwaru-Napp

As someone who used Deepl before, i can confirm that is really accurate, and unlike Google Traduction, it wasn’t hacked, to the point that it translated nothing..
Deepl was launched in 2017 and already did its job in a few years.

Besides, i can’t stand Google, so if Deepl was to be added,
That’ll be wonderful and trully useful for everyone on here.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Translation for Cross- Language Friends

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus