Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Box of Found Family Ideas (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

A small box with found family prompts inside!

box_PNG2.png

Recently I’ve been really into found family and I wouldn’t mind starting new roleplays! I have a last of ideas and or prompts that I’ll list out below. If you wanna remix one or suggest your own, go for it! I tried to keep these simple yet unique and fun with a lot of wriggle room with a main idea or at least food for thought. You can change any detail you want to make it better fit your character as long as the basic premise is still there (E.G washed up mentor and mentee still has to be about a washed up mentor and mentee or must have something to relate with the sorts) and most involve a fantasy setting as well. Please let me know if you want to be the kid or parent in DM’s. Here’s the list of ideas!
Also, side note, I use father and son as default but I’m okay with the child or parent being any gender, if you have preferences let me know, but pick any prompt that interests you the most! (And fandom roleplays are okay as long as they’re fandoms that I know about, the list is in my profile if you’re curious!)

(Also, Please DM me! It'll be the fastest way for me to notice your interest!)

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: *✧・゚: *✧・゚: *✧・゚: *✧・゚:

The king (or queen) and their child

This can go three ways: whether it be the kingdom in decline, the parent finding a way to break a curse placed on the child (or the other way around) or the kingdom is in complete shackles and the fallen king or queen gets attached to an orphan who wondered into the ruined castles.

Washed up mentor

A mentor takes on a mentee after taking pity on them for whatever reason. The mentee probably has a quest they’re on but is most likely really unskilled or unprepared for a long journey or maybe there’s another reason entirely as to why they were taken in. Either way, as time goes on the mentor becomes a parental figure for the mentee. (Bonus points if the mentor lost their family)

Apocalypse kid

The catch is that either the kid or parental figure is a conscious zombie and they stumble across each other one way or another. The zombified kid or parental figure most likely struggles with their zombie side, or maybe a large group wants to take the kid away from the zombie if you’re going the conscious parental zombie route? (Bonus points if the parental figure was part of the group)

Angel and demon antics

Wouldn’t it be funny if an angel adopted a demon or a demon adopted an angel but had to hide the fact that they grew attached to a child that’s on the opposite side? Maybe they decide to course the child angel to be bad or the demon child to be good in order for them to fit in? (Nephalems are also okay!)

A monster with a heart

This can go two ways… Imagine if the world was ran by monsters and humans were seen as the lowest of the low since they aren’t as cool as other living beings? Or what if there was a monster in a world where they aren’t so common who was so lonely until they stumbled upon a small child and took them in, forming a strong bond with them? The monster probably tries their best to be a good parental figure and in the world where monsters are common the parental figure most likely strives to keep their child safe and the fact that they’re a human hidden, or maybe is trying to find a place where humans live freely so the child can live amongst their own kind? (A monster is an umbrella term for any fantasy creature like centaur, elves, fairies or creatures in general)

Elements mixing?

There are spirits who can harness the power of elements in many lands.. but one day, a spirit comes across a young spirit whose probably the opposite element of them (like Fire and Water for example). This can come in many forms from wizards with elemental powers to dragons (with human forms) or maybe just straight up elemental spirits!

The dragons child

Imagine a fierce dragon of legends who can take out villages and armies with just one fiery breath. A dragon who loves fighting, collecting gold, or perhaps other things. Now imagine that dragon stumbling across a child whether it be another dragon or an elf or what have you… will the dragon teach the child their chaotic ways that made them a well known legend?

That should be all of them for now! If I come up with a new idea I’ll be sure to add it to the list!

<3 <3 <3
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Hi! I would love to roleplay a platonic family situation. I love fantasy and am interested in the Dragon’s Child but am open to any plot!

I am 15 and am new to this forum!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Box of Found Family Ideas (closed)

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus