Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Why find so hard the RP partners?

Why find so hard the RP partners? Just I seems or is really that friendships are already formed on this site and many people prefer to play RP only with the friends they already have and there is no room for new ones unless new people come over to play with them? So, I must wait other people register over me which play with me because the oldest people not play RP with me?
There's defo a lot of good friendships on this site, though that's not really the reason, I think. Your RP ad (the one with the taurs 'n stuff) looked fine, and the idea is fun, but most people would like to see more detail so that they get a better idea of what they might be getting into. If you add what sort of story you'd like to play, what genres you like (more modern or more medieval, violence or not, etc.), people are more inclined to reply to your LF thead and send you a PM! And, yeah, sometimes you do have a case of bad luck and not find anyone quickly, but with the right effort you should be able to attract a couple of folks who are down to play.
Yeah, I didn't get any RP partners until a few days after I joined. My biggest recommendation is to post good ads and show off your RP skills in public forum RPs!
Holiday events help a lot! Valentine's Day, Halloween, and Summer Soiree are all events that let you do small roleplay instances with others, and it's a good way to show off your character and writing style to others, and vice versa. It's a good way to 'break the ice'!
Forum Stand-In (played anonymously)

Personally, I just don’t RP with people whose English is significantly gramatically incorrect. I do not enjoy that in an RP, and I think that that sort of thing might limit the replies you get.

If you want to experiment, it should be possible to run your posts through an AI to check for things that might need correcting, and then you’ll see if you get a better reply rate.

I think you will still be able to find partners even without that, many people don’t mind, but it will take more time.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Why find so hard the RP partners?

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus