Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Welcome Quotev Refugees!

With the impending shutdown of Quotev groups and messaging, there has been a stream of refugees running around the web looking for a new home. We welcome you here on RP Repository! Be sure to introduce yourself here, and feel free to post in this thread if you have fled Quotev!
Claine Moderator

Oh my god, I had no idea Quotev was nixing so many features :O

Hello to anybody who has found their way to RPR!

The RPR has a lot of very useful Help Articles which will assist you in finding your way around the site!

You also may like making a group so you can continue RPing in your communities!

And finally, we have a very active moderation team who is happy to help! Feel free to ask any questions or if you see something that needs our attention, press the "Request Moderator" button at the top of any post, profile, or DM and we will assist :)
yeah hi I'm a Quotev refugee :')
Dawnia Topic Starter

Welcome! I havent been on Quotev in a long time, but I'm curious if they had already shut down services?
I actually visited quotev today to play around with some of the quizzes with a friend of mine, so the site's up, at least! I don't normally go there, unless I'm goofing off with quizzes, like I said, but it's really sad that it's slowly shutting down. Makes me feel bad for those active on there and having to rush to move elsewhere. :(
I remember when me and Jaws came here, after some drama that had happened at our original place, CloudNovel. It was originally a visual novel site, but it has an RP forum, but something happened that we still aren't quite sure off. Lost a lot of friends, but here we are now :DDD
Dawnia wrote:
Welcome! I havent been on Quotev in a long time, but I'm curious if they had already shut down services?
They deleted the activity feed so you can only see people’s activities if you go on their profile. They deleted the chatbox, but private messaging through a person’s profile is still available until July 1st.

Groups can’t be used anymore other than looking at them, and they’re going to be deleted completely on July 1st.

It’s really sad because I have years’ worth of roleplays on that site and I was in the middle of several group roleplays when they locked all of the group.
PK-Lucas wrote:
I actually visited quotev today to play around with some of the quizzes with a friend of mine, so the site's up, at least! I don't normally go there, unless I'm goofing off with quizzes, like I said, but it's really sad that it's slowly shutting down. Makes me feel bad for those active on there and having to rush to move elsewhere. :(
it’s mainly the social functions shutting down because they want more focus to be on the quizzes and stories rather than roleplays and using it as a social media, I think.
jumps up and downn theres more ppl!
I love that there's a forum for this so Q refugees can find each other

I'm from Q also, I was on it for four years so I'm about to lose so much of my work 😭
hello other former quotev roleplayers!!! it sucks what they did, i'm losing years' worth of work and memories it's so sad :(
I originally came here from quotev. They shut down so many things already. It's hard to find roleplay groups ads like you used too. So sad. I used to really enjoy role-playing there, now I just used it as a way to save all my roleplay junk and characters with journals.
Oh wow, Quotev's slowly melting down?

I remember being on there over 3-4 years ago. It was... nnnnot my cup of tea (hence why I deactivated my account over there), but I remember enjoying RPs on there above all else! Shame to hear that a lot of people are losing their work, that's not fair. :(

Rest assured, Quotev Roleplayers, if you're here, then you've found yourself a lovely little nook in the interwebs. Make yourselves at home, we're happy to have you! :D
Despite never knowing the feature existed till now, Its a real waste to get rid of a it. I always preferred Quotev over Wattpatt
I'm so glad to see other Quotev people. I was afraid everyone was just going to vanish off into the netherworld of the internet. My friend and I were scrambling for two weeks to save our NINE Roleplays that we'd done in private groups. Days of copying and pasting thousands of pages of content. The anxiety was terrible. Everything is finally safe, thankfully, but it was not a pleasant experience. A month to save years' worth of information -.- I guess we should consider ourselves fortunate they gave us any time at all since they seem to enjoy springing things on us without warning.

I'm still bitter. I'd apologize, but I'm still not happy about it. I'm currently in the process of removing all of my stuff from that site completely. Such a shame after all the friendships and memories people have made there.
Okiwaru-Napp

I used the site very shortly, but i wasn’t really hyped by it, it’s the same with basically every social-networks type of sites.

I do miss some sites who were really enjoyable to use, it’s getting rare to roleplay anywhere without problems, sadly.
CipherSage

Dang, I've been to Quotev before and it's sad that they did it. Anyway, welcome to RPR!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Welcome Quotev Refugees!

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus