Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Intro Post!

Hello! My name is Luma, I'm a 19-year-old college student majoring in computer science! I'm a writer and artist, am starting up my own game studio in the next upcoming years with stories I've written. All my life, I've had a passion for storytelling, which is why I am here!

I used to roleplay when I was a young teenager but fell out of it. I wanted to get back into it, I only ever knew of amino, but amino wasn't giving me much luck nowadays. So, I researched some places and was delighted to see an entire forum dedicated to roleplay! I already get a wonderful vibe from the little bit of exploring I've done. <3 I'm still very new to the site so would appreciate tips on how to interact with everyone! I'll be around and messing around with features!

I really enjoy fantasy, sci-fi, fantasy sci-fi mix, fantastical world building, and unique characters/motives within a story. I especially enjoy crafting stories with others, it's fun to see characters have development.

And yea! That's my intro! Excited to be here!
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
A game studio, that sounds so exciting! What sort of games would you be wanting to make your stories into?
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or is unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
Hello Luma! Welcome to RPR^^ I hope you enjoy your stay!
<3 Hello Luma! Welcome to RP Repository! <3
lumafly Topic Starter

My game is a horror fantasy called Mahal Kita! It's going to be a 2d fighting adventure/story game inspired by Hades, Hollow Knight, and Undertale--visually inspired by Hades, mostly. It follows the uprising of the core of a planet, and your place as a Fallen Star and Chosen Hero, to protect the Princess Tayphea and to strike down the planet's core-- causing an imbalance of life and death. As the game goes on, you are faced with questions of morality and confronting a hidden truth-- is God moral?

Sort of not true when I say "many games", as this is a big project that will take me years, but I'm dedicated to it. I might post some writings and roleplays inspired by the story on here sometime! Thanks for asking about it.

I also took a look at your account, and I like the way you made your characters' profiles look! Do you have any tips on how to work the character maker and make it look so aesthetic?
Hio!
Welcome to the RPR, Luma! 📝✨
6elf756i.gifHello! Welcome to RPR! It sounds like an ambitious project, but also really cool!

If my advice about the character maker is welcome, I'd start out with selecting a style, then doing the rest of the profile. The rest, at least for me, was try and error, working out how the elements work and how they can be combined/ design the profile around it (premium membership probably helps, haven't tried it so far).

There is also advice on the help-section of the site, that seems very useful!
Welcome
AK54sxu.gif

Hello, hello and welcome to RP Repository! I know the feeling about falling out of something only to come back with so much vigor you're ready to take the world by storm -- I hope it works out for you and you enjoy it here! There's so much RPR has to offer and your preferred genres are perhaps the top tier genres 'round here. If you want advice, I highly suggest you keep doin' what you're doin' and poke around some more. The activity on the forums is all very well, but some of them are a bit more laid back and easy going. It works out best for folks who have a busy schedule and want to keep up with what's going on.

The Forum Games are my favorite hang out spot. It's very quickfire interaction with your characters and there are some posts there that really make you have to sit, think, and produce fine work and responses. I love the prompt ones that _Skylark_ makes. They're my favorites! I think the only tip that comes to mind is to build your manifest and go explore! You can also advertise if you prefer a more personal experience.

I hope it pans out for you and you enjoy it here! If you have any questions, feel to reach out to any one of us. We'd all be happy to help! :)
OOO a game dev! Cool!

Welcome to the site, Luma! We hope you have a good time and write many wonderful stories and make even more wonderful games!
Hello there! Welcome to RPR! That's all super awesome and I wish you luck on your many spectacular endeavors! I hope you like it here on RPR! :D
Welcome aboard!
Welcome to RPR Luma!
Hello and welcome to RPR! :)
Hello there! Welcome to the RPR family! :D
Idk, I thought I welcomed you already, but I went through it, and it still says I've not read this so.... lol\

I distinctly remember tlaking about how cool it is you're only 19 and you got so many plans set up for your future with what looks like a huge passion! :D I hope it all goes smooth for you, and welcome to RPR
Welcome! I'm also new and poking around but I saw about your game and that sounds super cool and I wanted to wish you the best of luck on it!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Intro Post!

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus