Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Ignihyde Summer Soiree (Open) (1/2)

Ortho Shroud (played anonymously)

IGNIHYDE SUMMER SOIREE

"Dear whoever may have received this invitation, whether it be from one of our Ignihyde students, or on an online chatting app or on Magicam, we hope to see you at our Summer Soiree Party at the Ignihyde Dorm.

There will be yummy snacks, awesome games, wicked music, amazing movies, anime merch and extraordinary technology showcased.

Please bring a snack when you arrive, whether it is something small like a bag of candy or big like a tub of popcorn.

From,
The Entire Ignihyde Dorm

--

"I have anxiety." A tall, skinny young man around the age of 18, poked his head up from his gaming system. He had blue, flaming hair. This was Idia Shroud, the Housewarden of the Ignihyde Dorm. "Aw, nii-san.. It'll be okay, everyone will love this amazing party we worked on!" Ortho, his little brother, floated over and told him. "Still, like, doesn't change the fact I have anxiety." Idia rolled his eyes and sighed, a sweat drop on his forehead.

All the other students were doing their final preperations before the party, such as locking the display cases for the technology in-case any thieves arrived to the party, setting up the fancy snack dishes, putting on a playlist of game and anime music, and even a few were just gossiping on whether one girl or another girl from the same anime was cuter than the other.

Ortho floated to the entrance, looking around, making sure he didn't miss the first visitor if they arrived.

--
ONLY TWO VISITORS AT A TIME PLEASE! <3
IT'LL OVERWHELM ME IF THEY ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE!

Please respect everyone here, no fights, no OP/Godmodded characters, and please use proper grammar. <3
(( Though your feeds may say this is from 5 days ago, it's not! It is recent!
Editing posts may cause feeds to react like this, despite the edit being recent. ))
Ren Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

Jeez, Ren mentally said to himself. Another social party? There was little reason for his kitsune mother, Azumi, to bother with this whole ordeal. Sure he had some difficulties socializing, however he already had quite the friend group. Why would he need 1 more? It was surely pointless. Nonetheless, he and his mother agreed on one thing: More friends made you show a side of you that appreciated life more.

Ignihyde was quite the interesting institution. An open party for students not even enrolled at the school. Sure, he had visited the school once as part of his schools collaboration project for arts in science and magic, but it was indeed strange why they did not exclude outsiders. Perhaps this was to encourage future students to transfer there. Whatever the intentions of that school, it didn't matter as he was about to meet Ortho, who seemed to be a student at this fine establishment.

Ren slowly approached Ortho and extended an arm out, expecting a hand shake of some sorts.

"Hey..." Ren said reluctantly, avoiding eye contact "I'm Ren. I'm a Humanity and Social Science student at Mag's College. I got roped into this party by my mother, who teaches there. She told me to make more friends here despite coming from another school. You play videogames? Draw? Play Music? Well, I do anyway"

With this first impression, he hoped to pique this student's interests in conversing with him.
Ortho Shroud (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Ortho gasped upon seeing the first visitor. "Hello! Welcome to the Ignihyde Summer Soiree, Ren!" Ortho held out his hand and shook it gently, something he learned to do upon interacting with the Ignihyde students, as most of them didn't like overexcited handshakes, and preferred more.. calm, normal ones. "I play video-games, and so does my brother, Idia! I also like researching movies, I'm in the movie research club here at Night Raven College." Ortho explained.

"Nii-san, come greet our first guest!" Ortho called to Idia.

Idia sighed, putting his gaming console in sleep mode and wandering over, his hands burrowed in his pockets. "Uhm. Hey, or whatever.." Idia said, his voice barely above a whisper. "Goshthisissoawkward.." Idia squeaked to himself. Ortho smiled, though you couldn't really see it through his mask, but the LED lights on them glowed, so it was close enough to one. "So, Ren, is there anything you want to do? We have snacks, games, anime, music.." Ortho motioned towards the different areas.

If looking at one of the areas at the right time, Ren would be able to see one of the students nearly fall off a ladder trying to get some party decorations hung up on the ceiling, and the other student busting out in an nasally laughter.
Ren Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

At first, Ren's instinct was to approach and assist the student who nearly fell off the ladder, however it seemed he was fine so he held off from doing so. They seem cheery, he noted in his mind. It certainly was a brighter place than Mag's.

Ren smiled at Idia's shyness. It reminded him of a time where he was exactly like Idia. He didn't have many friends back then either and was even bullied for it. Nevertheless, that did not seem like the best information to share to the pair.

Instead of moping around an event meant for merrymaking, he instead decided to summon a case, specifically a hard-case shaped like a guitar. Inside was already obvious. He carefully extracted his instrument and the case faded away into a cluster of magic particles. The guitar itself was a decent one, a Fender Squier Starcaster Classic Vibe. It was his mother's gift to him when she learned of his desire to enter Green's University as a music production student.

"I'm borrowing my mom's powers just for that." Ren added "If you're wondering how she's even capable of creating a pocket dimension meant for storage, well she's a five-hundred year old kitsune. Perks of being adopted by one, I guess"

Ren looked around for any sign of an amplifier to no avail.

"You guys got a speaker or amplifier or something? I mean, right now I'm itching to play Guilty Gear or Elden Ring's newest DLC, but it wouldn't hurt to have a good performance by a musician like myself during a party to hype it up. I can play metal, punk, and more recently a little bit of classical"
Ortho Shroud (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Ortho nodded. "Of course! We have one near our music equipment! Follow me!" Ortho floated, beckoning Ren with his hand to follow him. Idia tried to slink off into the distance, hoping to continue playing his game and ignoring being social, but Ortho shot him a look, and Idia sighed and followed Ortho too. "IjustwannagobackandplayStarRogue.." Idia whined quietly to himself.

Ortho stopped at the music equipment and gently smacked his palm on the amp and smiled, "Here you are! It's a Rockin' Cerberus 6-c66 model! It has all kinds of different features, volume knobs, bass boost, quiet mode, autotune and even LED lights that flash and strobe when you play!" Ortho showed off all the buttons on it, while Idia stayed huddled in the corner, hands in his pockets and his hood on his head, his really long blue, fire hair wavering and flickering underneath it.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Ignihyde Summer Soiree (Open) (1/2)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ben, Darth_Angelus