Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hallo!

Hi everyone,

I have to say, this is one of the coziest and sweetest sites I've visited in a long, long time...there's obviously so much thought and care put into every part of it, so <333 to whoever's involved in running this place. :)

I'm somewhat new to online RPing, though I spent a lot of time in AOL's Red Dragon Inn when I was younger (if anyone remembers that place!), and I've got a good amount of TTRPG and creative writing experience. I'm really excited to try RPing in this format and hopefully meeting some friendly, creative people. I feel like I'm realizing lately that collaborative creativity really works for me!

I tend to like fairly quiet, introspective, slice-of-life type stories, either in historical, modern, or low-fantasy settings. I really like exploring themes related to identity and belonging, and I love seeing characters grow together.

I'm going to keep exploring, but for now, just wanted to say hi!
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or are unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
Hello! Welcome!!!
Oh wow! You're a veteran veteran roleplayer! Welcome to the site! And the creator of this site, Kim, is as nice as the site itself!
Another red dragon rhydin rper here from AOL from 95 2000ish. We talked briefly fish you the best moving forward
I was an AOL Star Wars Simmer ;)

Welcome!
<3 Hello! Welcome to RP Repository! <3
6elf756i.gifHello! Welcome to RPR!
Ah, AOL, back when the internet came on CDs :) We probably still have some free hours left!
suncup Topic Starter

Thanks for the friendly welcome, everyone! :)
Hi! Welcome to the site! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far ^-^ It really is a wonderful place <3
Hey there! Welcome to RPR!!! :D So glad to see you're enjoying your time here!
AK54sxu.gif

Ooo! Someone who's old school, old school like yours truly here! I used to, when I was a young 'un, RP in the old Yahoo! Entertainment chats. We would create all kinds of little rooms and stir up trouble like little heathens. It was so much fun and the nostalgia attached to it is like...chef's kiss! OH! And a fine welcome, welcome to you, by the way. RP Repository is always glad to intake new talent! I wish you could see what Epic Week is -- the community really comes together then and you'd get to meet just about anyone and everyone who's active.

Next April! Just be patient and enjoy the site for what it has -- right now the Summer Soiree is going on. You should totally check out the Forums pages and look to see if there's any slice-of-life activities goin' on. That's my preferences too -- we are very similar in that regard. :)

The Forum Games is another place I highly recommend because you can interact with ANY character and it works out. There's a lot of development that goes into some of those posts because they make you have to think about your depth, your responses, and the history of your beloved creation.

If you have any questions or what have you, feel free to reach out to any one of us. We'd be glad to help! :D Have fun out there!
suncup Topic Starter

Atheist wrote:
AK54sxu.gif

Ooo! Someone who's old school, old school like yours truly here! I used to, when I was a young 'un, RP in the old Yahoo! Entertainment chats. We would create all kinds of little rooms and stir up trouble like little heathens. It was so much fun and the nostalgia attached to it is like...chef's kiss! OH! And a fine welcome, welcome to you, by the way. RP Repository is always glad to intake new talent! I wish you could see what Epic Week is -- the community really comes together then and you'd get to meet just about anyone and everyone who's active.

Next April! Just be patient and enjoy the site for what it has -- right now the Summer Soiree is going on. You should totally check out the Forums pages and look to see if there's any slice-of-life activities goin' on. That's my preferences too -- we are very similar in that regard. :)

The Forum Games is another place I highly recommend because you can interact with ANY character and it works out. There's a lot of development that goes into some of those posts because they make you have to think about your depth, your responses, and the history of your beloved creation.

If you have any questions or what have you, feel free to reach out to any one of us. We'd be glad to help! :D Have fun out there!

Aww, thank you so much for this warm welcome! I'm still mostly lurking around the forums, but I think I'll dip a toe in some of them soon. :)
Welcome to the RPR! 📝✨
Welcome!

I also got my RP start in my younger days of the early intenet. Oh man, that really, really takes me back in a good way. So many games, forums, and instant messenger friends.

RPR is definitely a wonderful site. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hallo!

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus