Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Name my succulents and win Epicness!

Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

.the.MILK.theef. wrote:
Oh thank you!
🫣🫣🫣
It was, sadly, the perfect storm of circumstances.
We got sent out of the office pretty suddenly Mid March 2020. I was working at a satellite location and kinda missed my chance, while also assuming we'd be back in the office in a few Months. 🫣🫣
I left that light on a timer, but I think it was honestly too close and too intense.

I am also a bad plant mom. I should have gone to get them all home. 🤣

Awwwww, that's so sad!! If the lamp was blue/red it's also possible there wasn't enough light actually! White grow lights tend to do better since they're full spectrum and succulents need that to the best of my knowledge. (Though I'm certainly no expert on this! Just what I researched, since I'll be needing a grow light during the winter months here.)

Also loving the new entries!! :D I'm so stoked for Tuesday to roll around!

That's also a reminder the raffle closes on the 1st (end of day US) so be sure to get your entries in by then!
I just want 4 named Minthaaros (weird but cool, nice to say...pronounced MEN-THA-AR-OUS...10/10 quirky)

...and 6 named Audrey II (a Little Shop Of Horrors reference!) cuz its got multiple "heads" lol

...if I win I'd like to pass my prize on to someone else though...imho having you choose one of my names for one of your plants is the real prize here~
Blues-Guy wrote:
1. Cincee
2. Tanga
3. Spike
4. Maroona
5. Petal
6. Crowdie
7. Gramps

Just random names I thought fit each one.

Uh oh, Final bracket: KYLE VS. GRAMPS
Sanne wrote:
.the.MILK.theef. wrote:
I left that light on a timer, but I think it was honestly too close and too intense.
I am also a bad plant mom. I should have gone to get them all home. 🤣

Awwwww, that's so sad!! If the lamp was blue/red it's also possible there wasn't enough light actually! White grow lights tend to do better since they're full spectrum and succulents need that to the best of my knowledge. (Though I'm certainly no expert on this! Just what I researched, since I'll be needing a grow light during the winter months here.)

Oooh!!!! Thank you!
i will name number 4 scarlet rose nomad
I, ah, might be a bit late, but I gotta participate. This is too cute! One of my really good friends keeps succulents but her cat nibbles at them too and, well, all of her other plants for that matter...

1.) Will - looks like it has a will of its own -- it doesn't conform to the shapes and patterns of the other ones.

2.) Dahlia - the succulent version of the flower, at least in shape!

3.) Gaiwan - it's a type of teacup used in China -- the shape reminded me of the cup.

4.) Ruby (or Garnet) - the russet color, obviously, but I may also be thinking about FFIX for some reason...

5.) Spyrograph - It looks fractal * o*!

6.) Triquetra - a triple crescent moon intertwined that means many, many different things.

7.) Nibbler (or Tastycake) - Not because I'm a Futurama fan or anything... It's because your kitty left its mark!

I certainly enjoyed doing this -- thank you for hosting the fun little event. If I could keep any kind of plant, I'd be doin' good, but I've never had a green thumb. I'm great with cats though!
Atheist wrote:
I, ah, might be a bit late, but I gotta participate. This is too cute! One of my really good friends keeps succulents but her cat nibbles at them too and, well, all of her other plants for that matter...

1.) Will - looks like it has a will of its own -- it doesn't conform to the shapes and patterns of the other ones.

2.) Dahlia - the succulent version of the flower, at least in shape!

3.) Gaiwan - it's a type of teacup used in China -- the shape reminded me of the cup.

4.) Ruby (or Garnet) - the russet color, obviously, but I may also be thinking about FFIX for some reason...

5.) Spyrograph - It looks fractal * o*!

6.) Triquetra - a triple crescent moon intertwined that means many, many different things.

7.) Nibbler (or Tastycake) - Not because I'm a Futurama fan or anything... It's because your kitty left its mark!

I certainly enjoyed doing this -- thank you for hosting the fun little event. If I could keep any kind of plant, I'd be doin' good, but I've never had a green thumb. I'm great with cats though!

nibbler is very good!!!

#7 has such personality!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Name my succulents and win Epicness!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ben, Darth_Angelus