Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Fixation and Obsession for Replies

Haha... 👀

Does anyone else get excited and then overwhelmed by replies?
BUT, You feel hooked to reply back and it's like a relief when you can check that off your list again. So you can eagerly await their stressed and excited reply?!?!

IT ME.
I used to, especially when it was a story I was heavily invested in and excited to write. It was why getting ghosted would hurt. I did get callused to it though, and with that I kind of took on a new attitude of 'when they come, great. If not, oh well'. So my fixation and obsession faded away.
.the.MILK.theef. Topic Starter

Dawnia wrote:
I used to, especially when it was a story I was heavily invested in and excited to write. It was why getting ghosted would hurt. I did get callused to it though, and with that I kind of took on a new attitude of 'when they come, great. If not, oh well'. So my fixation and obsession faded away.

Absolutely relatable.
Absolutely! That's why I like IRC style roleplays. (Furcadia, anyone?) People are more likely to stay at the screen and we can back-and-forth every 15-20 minutes or so. I often end up glued to my laptop for 6+ hours because of it lol. Though I certainly don't mind "one or two posts a day" forum-style roleplay. It certainly sucks when people lose interest and ghost though.
.the.MILK.theef. Topic Starter

SilverFox wrote:
Absolutely! That's why I like IRC style roleplays. (Furcadia, anyone?) People are more likely to stay at the screen and we can back-and-forth every 15-20 minutes or so. I often end up glued to my laptop for 6+ hours because of it lol. Though I certainly don't mind "one or two posts a day" forum-style roleplay. It certainly sucks when people lose interest and ghost though.

Oh my goshhhhh. I spent so much time on Furcadia 10+ years ago being so cringey!!! 🫣

And that's a huge part of why I say clear and communication about expectations is so important.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Fixation and Obsession for Replies

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus