Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Interest check: can I code your templates for you?

Sanne Moderator

Hi guys!

I find myself kind of hurting for time to do a lot of creative stuff when it comes to RPR styles/templates. Mostly the designing and whatnot, putting the Photoshop files together for styles and so forth.

The actual coding of the styles is something that doesn't take that long for me these days. I write code and program daily for my job, which does include CSS quite a lot, so the part of translating a visual design into CSS isn't that challenging for me anymore.

My question is, is there any interest for folks to have their custom designs translated into a finished desktop and mobile responsive style? I won't be charging for this, and I'm willing to stream the process (unlisted YT stream or something) if anyone's interested in following along. :)

My only requirements are that you have the fonts picked out and the design is mostly finished in some way or another. If there are any images in the design, please provide them separately (or send me the file with layers). I can also help responsive-fy existing styles you made so they work on mobile!

Are you interested? Post here or send a PM! I'll do them in order of receiving the request, if your request is time sensitive please let me know what the deadline is and what for and I'll see if I can make it happen. :)
I'm still trying to figure out the Procreate and Photoshop programs. This sounds great though 🤩 I'd love to see a follow-along of whatever programming you'd like to share
I don't have any templates personally, but I think this would be very cool to see in a video and I would absolutely be into tipping, or something as well bc I think that's important to compensate in SOME fashion for the good kind free work people put into RPR.

*Following*
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out the Procreate and Photoshop programs. This sounds great though 🤩 I'd love to see a follow-along of whatever programming you'd like to share

If you manage to put something together, do be sure to let me know!! I'd be happy to make a style for your character profiles (or a group one?) whenever!

.the.MILK.theef. wrote:
I don't have any templates personally, but I think this would be very cool to see in a video and I would absolutely be into tipping, or something as well bc I think that's important to compensate in SOME fashion for the good kind free work people put into RPR.

*Following*

I've done a few instances where I coded while in a call with the person who commissioned me for a style, it's super fun and interactive to be able to explain what I'm doing and getting real-time feedback! I'd love to do a little something for a video to share at some point too. :D

I personally don't need any compensation at this time, but I'd be happy to direct folks to some good causes to donate a few dollars to where possible!
Ohh I love this idea, and I would totally love to work with you in that way! :D
I love your styles a lot because they not only look nice but also they are still easy to read and work with.

I've tried doing CSS stuff for character profiles myself at some point, but I always struggled making it look like I imagined it.

What do you prefer working with for the design reference? Would it be better for you to have just like an image of what i had in mind? Or would it be better to have the css style I started and then work from there?

There is absolutely no time pressure or anything time sensitive - and I have a few different themes to decide on, so maybe you can even choose something that you like to work with :D

If you would prefer doing all of this in private messages we can also take it there to discuss further details.

Sin-fonie wrote:
Ohh I love this idea, and I would totally love to work with you in that way! :D
I love your styles a lot because they not only look nice but also they are still easy to read and work with.

I've tried doing CSS stuff for character profiles myself at some point, but I always struggled making it look like I imagined it.

What do you prefer working with for the design reference? Would it be better for you to have just like an image of what i had in mind? Or would it be better to have the css style I started and then work from there?

There is absolutely no time pressure or anything time sensitive - and I have a few different themes to decide on, so maybe you can even choose something that you like to work with :D

If you would prefer doing all of this in private messages we can also take it there to discuss further details.

It's alright with me either way!

And a (flat) image of the design as you imagine it to look like works just fine for me! This is the flat image of the dark Hospital style I did for RPR. When I design them myself, I just mock them up in Photoshop and then put the code together to make it happen. It helps that the layers are separated in Photoshop, but I don't really require it. The only thing I really need seperate are the images that should be used in the style, like the background image here, or in this case the clip for the portrait. :) If you got that and then a mockup I can code it!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Interest check: can I code your templates for you?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ben, Darth_Angelus