Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » LGBTQ+ Chat

I decided to make a new chat for people who want to talk to others who are LGBTQ+, since the pride month chat is now over. Hopefully we will see it next year! <3

Honestly I’m not sure how to start this without being awkward. Maybe I can introduce myself, say something I’m interested in…

My name is Kloomsy. I’m a writer (obviously) and I’m an artist. I go by any pronouns! You can call me she, he, they. But I do prefer they/them. I’m Agender, which means I don’t identify with any gender and I feel genderless. It is not the same as nonbinary. I would call myself a random human if someone asked, not androgynous. ^_^

… this is awkward now. ^^; Uh. Ahem—now I’d love to learn more about anyone else!
I mean... non-binary has no obligation to androgyny, and can be both its own identity and an umbrella for any identity that's not exclusively part of the binary. ^^; But of course, that certainly doesn't mean it'll make sense for everyone to use, especially when there's more clear and specific identities that can fit. :)

I usually just say I'm non-binary myself for the sake of simplicity, but I'm gender fluidflux, with most of my time spent somewhere in the non-binary zone. I think it's often been agender in particular, actually. I.... think I'm still sort of "girl" right now...? Not sure, I just know that a few hours ago, it kinda slapped me in the face (just in its suddenness; it wasn't distressing). Just also happen to be a girl with facial hair.

I'm also abrosexual/abro-romantic, which is sort of like the orientation version of genderfluid; it moves through different, distinct stakes. Once again, I'm usually in an a-spec area, but it shuffles around on me, too. I sort of prefer when it opts for "nope" at this point, anyway - I'm a mess even without my unreliable orientation. ^^; (And yes, I understand that love and attraction stuff naturally fluctuates anyway, but this is... distinct from just that.)

I was late figuring it all out, too. I thought I was cishet until I was, like, 26, and it's still taken me years since to continue figuring out and settling into which labels seem appropriate. XD
Sanne Moderator

2j52qk.jpg

Hello!

I've known I was not-straight/came out in my mid-teens. Over the years I've tried to figure out my attraction definitions and I just kind of settle on pansexual. I don't care what someone's gender is, if we vibe, we vibe. I tend to lean towards certain personality traits and femme and masc presenting folks, but there's nobody whose gender or presentation would be a dealbreaker for me.

For many years I described myself as panromantic too, and that is still true because gender doesn't define that for me either, but over the past few years I did learn that I don't really understand/differentiate between platonic and romantic love which makes me quoiromantic. The things that I had 'reserved' in my mind for romantic partners are things I enjoy doing with non-romantic partners just as much, but that doesn't mean we're in a relationship or anything more than platonic friends. I only differentiate between family love and non-family love, e.g. someone who is like a family member to me, my love for them feels different. But whether someone is my friend or my lover feels the same to me and I don't think that's how it is for people who experience romantic feelings! This has also contributed to me realizing that I'm open to poly relationships and casual romantic-like relationships without long-term commitments. A lot of how I viewed romantic relationships was based on what I thought society expected of me, rather than on what I genuinely feel, so it's been refreshing to learn this about myself.

I'm very boringly cisgender and femme and use she/her pronouns. I hate when people misgender me online because they associate assertive behavior with men more than women, but inherently I don't care if people use different pronouns for me if it's done respectfully.
YES
Never would've seen this without notifications.

Hi I'm Adam he/him, proudly representing the B or..
+?.

Well. My partner is male but I find all people are attractive. I don't put a lot of effort into what that means or what that label is, especially after being with my partner for over ten years(often just then referring to myself as gay lol) but my orientation has just been bisexual in the instances that it has been significant to talk about.

I find some people don't give a damn about labels and others want to have them for their own reasons from a sense of belonging to just having a word to explain themselves and I think either is okay.

My queer story is a detailed and confusing one so. We'll keep it to myself 😜.

But I'm very happy for this post and I might just live here for a while.

*Sets up camp*
Sanne you are not boring.

Idk that we've even had a conversation, but you being a mod I know of you, you're far from boring!
Kloomsy wrote:

… this is awkward now. ^^; Uh. Ahem—now I’d love to learn more about anyone else!

And, sorry for the spam, of all the things I relate to, it's this sentence right here that really makes me feel a sense of belonging. 😅😅
Guess I'm gonna join in too <-<

I often just say I'm Queer lol BUT I identify as some form of Non binary, or Enby as I like to call it, and I use They/Them!
Other than that I'm Ace and Pan^^

Been a hell of a rollercoaster trying to figure things out, or not really the pan part, but the rest lol

@Four, I am feeling that now myself lmao
Sanne Moderator

Four wrote:

Idk that we've even had a conversation, but you being a mod I know of you, you're far from boring!

Friend, I've literally made people fall asleep to my knitting streams and even gaming streams when I ramble about stuff. XD I don't think it gets more boring than that!
I love that we're a little queer trio! Lol.
3 little GAY AF goblins in a glittery coat.
Sanne Moderator

.the.MILK.theef. wrote:

Where do I sign up? Are there t-shirts? What about mugs? I need merch!!!
Sanne wrote:
.the.MILK.theef. wrote:

Where do I sign up? Are there t-shirts? What about mugs? I need merch!!!

"Yes!" Hands over the clipboard!
"We ARE in a recruiting phase!"
Sanne wrote:
Four wrote:

Friend, I've literally made people fall asleep to my knitting streams and even gaming streams when I ramble about stuff. XD I don't think it gets more boring than that!

At this age if someone can get me to sleep I'm forever grateful to them.

😂... I'm not joking...

And we are always accepting applications

I'm just impressed that milk has known me for more than 1 week and still wants to be associated with me in public 😜
Auberon Moderator

*stick my legy out real far*

Hey!! I'm Aub, and I am a mess of alphabet soup. I am genderfluid/non-binary and my pronouns are he/she/they, preferably used as a combination, though a lot of people still she/her me. I am bisexual, which to me means that gender is completely irrelevant to my sexual attraction to someone. Some people on the internet in this day and age love to tell me that that means I'm actually pansexual, but I'm an Elder Queer, and I've been calling myself bisexual for over two decades, so... bisexual is gonna stay my label. Plus, I really love the flag. Purple, pink, and blue? Chef kiss. xD

The right label is the one that resonates with the person it's being applied to, as far as I'm concerned!

I am also aro-spec. I probably fall under demiromantic, as I've felt romantic love before that built over time. Otherwise, though, I only really feel platonic love. That's not to say that I consider platonic love lesser, though! I've had a platonic partner in the past, and we even looked at houses together. I think that you can love someone without romantic or sexual feelings and have a solid relationship built on mutual respect and taking care of one another. Beyond that, I love my friends tremendously. :3
Auberon wrote:
*stick my legy out real far* ...
I am bisexual, which to me means that gender is completely irrelevant to my sexual attraction to someone. Some people on the internet in this day and age love to tell me that that means I'm actually pansexual, but I'm an Elder Queer, and I've been calling myself bisexual for over two decades, so... bisexual is gonna stay my label. Plus, I really love the flag. Purple, pink, and blue? Chef kiss. xD

*offers clipboard, EYEBROWS!*
I like to say "Fancy Bi" for the Pans.
I'm Non Binary and Asexual. It's complicated. I never felt like my given gender. I never felt it, nor did I like my gender. It was weird more in High School. My teen years, I never had a sexual attraction. I never liked the sound of kissing or flesh on flesh sounds.

Most people respect me that I am Non Binary and I prefer being a They/Them.
hello gay people who live in my phone :3
I'm nonbinary/agender if I feel like being specific, asexual, and demi-polyromantic (not to be confused with polyamorous, which I always have to say, sorry, but it's because the confusion always happens XD)
*waits for my wife to inevitably waltz into this chat after me* [stage whisper] don't tell my wife but I think I'm in love with her
*curls up on a nearby shelf like a cat to observe/nap*
Auberon wrote:
Hey!! I'm Aub, and I am a mess of alphabet soup.

*queer soup fistbump*

A discord server I'm in actually loved my "queer soup" thing so much that they made an emoji for it. XD Sometimes when soup is mentioned, they'll just spam it. They also like to refer to me as soup, and toss around gifs of "good soup." It's pretty amusing, albeit a lot more attention than I'm used to getting. ^^;
Hello everyone! <3

I go by Nox and I have to confess this is kinda like outing myself since I don't normally speak about my sexuality at all. Luckily (and note that I ONLY say luckily because if struggling to figure out your sexuality is hard I can't even imagine how tough it must be to have to do that same process with your gender identity) I am cis female.

I am inspired and moved by all of you folks so openly and furthermore, so proudly speaking about your gender identities and sexual orientations and gosh, I wish I could just do the same. I figure most people has been at some point in this stage of denial that makes you angry at who you are though mine has been so far like... 5 or 4 years long? And I can't wait to be done with it really, so as an exercise to one day achieve self-acceptance I thought, why not share my experience with folks of my community, specially as the topic starter is an incredible writer who I'd love to call a friend ^^.

So... I'm going to begin by clearly stating de labels I feel best describe how I feel although I don't feel entirely comfortable with them, though not because they don't suffice to explain my experience, but precisely because they do and there's a part of me that still refuse to accept that this is the way I am. But, there it goes. I am asexual and probably also aromantic. I have never felt sexual attraction towards anyone nor can I really say I've had romantic feelings towards anyone. I think once I came very close to falling in love with someone, or maybe I actually did fall, though I cannot say if it was platonic or actually romantic. The topic is still relatively recent and complicated and didn't get proper closure so I couldn't really do much introspection in that regard.

But either way, I do believe that asexual and aromantic are the best labels for me. I did consider saying I may be demisexual or demiromantic or something of the sort, but I realised that's probably just me trying to not fully come to terms with my experience. And I know labels are not super closed and that there is a spectrum! But this is me trying to get over my own denial. I was always too concerned about fitting in, so much that I keep on having boyfriend after boyfriend since I was 15! I had 3 in total, but each of them were years long relationships in which I tried to convince myself I felt things sexually and romantically towards my partners, just because I thought that's how I had to be. I did out myself to my last boyfriend, but when I told him I thought I was asexual he went "Oh that means you'll never cheat on me!" and I was like... umm yeah.. that's not exactly how it works XD

But anyway, I gathered the courage to break things off about 8 months ago now (wow, time goes by fast), and ever since I've tried to be just who I am without playing into what society seems to think is right, but it's HARD. I still haven't dared to come out to most of my friends because I feel like if I tell them I am asexual they'll think they can't speak about certain topics around me or I don't know.. *sighs* I feel like once it's out there, people are going to radically change their opinion about me and that's hella scary.

I hate to bring up a darker aspect of being LGBTQ+ with my post, one day I hope I can feel pride and not rejection for who I am, I am working on it. The thing is, when it's others coming out as asexuals or any other sexual orientation / gender identity all if feel is awe, and pride for them. And I want to be like them, like you! I want to speak about my sexual orientation and not feel like it will keep me from experiencing certain things in life, it that makes any sense? A-sexual feels privative for me, but it is how I feel. It is the word that best defines what I am.

SO as you can see, I came here as a freaking mess XD And I hope I didn't mess up all the good vibes in this thread because I really loved to read all of your experiences, you're all an inspiration for people who like me are still coming to terms with who they are. ;u; <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » LGBTQ+ Chat

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus