Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A Royal Arranged Marriage (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

General Idea
My character, Prince Zenefrin (Zen) Morinatery and your character (likely another kingdom's princess) are arranged to get married so that the kingdoms can make peace and alliance with each other, but upon meeting Zen, your character doesn't like him at all. After that, we'll see where the RP goes. Things can either go bad or good, your choice.

Character Info
Prince Zenefrin (Zen) Moriantery is the 27-year-old middle child of the Moriantery royal family in the country Yellian. His older brother Prince Azraak Moriantery is the crown prince, but Zen is taught in the same way as Azraak since Azraak is terminally ill - the royal family knows that he won't last to be king for long so Zen is the honourary crown prince. The current king is King Karian Moriantery, a cruel and cold man who heavily abuses and brainwashes Zen. He continued the slave movement in Yellian even though kingdoms around Yellian made slavery illegal. The queen is Queen Zoma Moriantery, but she is hardly seen by anyone as she spends her time working inside the palace. She has a good relationship with her children, but they hardly meet. The youngest Moriantery child is Princess Fonzelle Moriantery who is beloved by Yellian for her excitable and loving nature. Despite her conflicting opinions with her dad, she treats everyone kindly unless the other party isn't kind at all.

Lore Info
Yellian is a country in my fantasy world called Kuuj Coer. It's in the southwestern region and is north of the Silver Mountains, which is the home of the Traditionals. Traditionals are a group of people who thrive in old practices and defy modernism and often attacks to revert Kuuj Coer back to their old territorial ways. Under King Karian, Traditionals are kidnapped from their homes in the mountains and enslaved in the Moriantery palace. Each monarch is meant to take on the persona of one of their gods (because even Sidinism, the main monotheistic religion, isn't completely monotheistic because it's believed that the god, Sidus, has more minor gods working under his name), but the monarch will take on the persona of a god (except for Sidus is they're Sidinists), but aren't necessarily believed to be them. It just makes them closer to their religion. Their gods were a lot like Egyptian gods, many being animal/human hybrids, so most times out in public, the monarch will be under the disguise of their god they have been named with (they choose on their 10th birthday) and most people rarely see what they look like under that mask. So I'm throwing the god Dosona June (Night Falcon) at Zen.

RP Details
I have no triggers. You must be comfortable with dark themes. This RP is not modern in the earthly sense of modern. It's akin to the time period of the 1800's on Earth. There will be now powerplay or metagaming, and 3 paragraphs at the least is required. 3rd person limited, please, and we will keep our regular chat separated from the RP so we can discuss. I will allow you to take creative liberties, but I would like to make sure that the story follows a similar line as to what I have written down.

DM me if interested
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A Royal Arranged Marriage (closed)

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus