Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greeting from Playerfiles !

Greetings One and All,

Yep, Fresh meat for the RPR grinder!! Must I warn ya !!!

Just a bit about old "Will"...
For starters, as a creative writer (at least I try) and roleplayer, I have been around (constantly) a longgg time, and yes, I have seen, and endured, a lot of changes... I started in the AOL Hell daze of the computer era, primarily in Medieval Tavern and the in Rhydin chatrooms. Then came the fall of AOL, the rise of forum roleplay with Proboards and Photobucket. Then years later came the rise of Jcink and the downfall of free Photobucket that caused such an uproar in the RP world.

My main roleplay areas back then were "Halifax", "Skye: the Winged Isle (StWI)", the onward to "Skysails", and "Momento Mori"

After those, I have delved mainly into historical and Ahistorical themes, Old West, Medieval, and Renaissance themes; and yes, even attempts at the Fantastical: light desert fantasy, and even a *tiny* bit of medieval fantasy (but not too good at the fantasy aspect). I have run my own groups, both as sole owner and co-partner... and have been a plain member in quite a few others. So my background in creative writing and roleplaying and managing thereof, is not lacking... I am not the expert in one thing, but a Jack-of-all-trades, Master of None. If you want to delve in the roleplayer, you may wish to visit Playerfiles' Home for Roleplay

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself... so if you are interested, hit me up !!

"Write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it;
Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it."
Welcome to RPR, we hope you enjoy your time here and find the rps and people you are looking for!
Hey, welcome! Always nice to have a long experienced player here!
Welcome to RPR!
Hello!!!! Welcome!
Welcome!
Welcome to the RPR!📝✨
6elf756i.gifHello! Welcome to RPR! I hope you'll like it here!
Wow you've done a bit of it all haven't you?

That's awesome, jack of all trades - Welcome to RPR I hope you keep making great stories with the most amazing influences around here. :D
Photobucket!!! I still curse them bad till now because my tons of album from years of collecting pictures for roleplay purpose gone to ashes!! ㅠ^ㅠ

Anyway, welcome to RPR! I hope you enjoy your stay!
Welcome!!
Welcome to RPR,
🦆Playerfiles!🦆
giphy.gif
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
That really is a lot of things o:
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or are unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
Hey there! Welcome to RPR!! :D
Hello Will! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
FbKKWgo.gif

Hey, that reminds me of my old days wandering the Yahoo! chat servers. We used to have all sorts of designated spots there and then that all keeled away and I eventually found a place called Furcadia. Despite not really being much of a furry (or at least not a very good one, at that), I have and still do meander about there aimlessly for the most part, but there were wonderful groups and amazing role-plays to be had at points and times.

Enough about me -- I just wanted to be nostalgic alongside you because that's a huge part of my personality -- reminiscing about the old days! Hah hah... A fine how-do-you-do and welcome to RP Repository. I find it's a wonderful place to build your character manifest for starters. If you prefer to role-play elsewhere, it's absolutely perfect. You'll have your character list that you can link to -- I used to do that all the time and still do for the places I venture out to.

For all the goodies that transpire here, I recommend you check out the Forum Games! There's a lot of prompt-based interactions you can do for your characters that I find to be very useful tools in developing them. Also! If you have any questions, feel free to ask any one of us. We're a danged ol' good community in my humble opinion. :) I hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy RPR! Take care and have fun out there!
Mina Moderator

Welcome to RPR! It's been my favored home for over a decade, but your post accomplished something I have yet to witness here. While I have run into other AOL veterans, this is actually the very first time anyone has mentioned these chats by name. These were my "birthplaces" as a roleplayer!

Firstly, thank you for being part of the working example by which I found interest and later built my understanding of this hobby. Whether I was watching or feeling brave enough to participate, those chats were the beginning of a lifelong hobby for me. I sincerely apologize for my tiny font and my bright colors. All of these years later, I have a better understanding of why 8pt fuchsia is a crime.

If you ever need any modly assistance, direction, advice, or anything at all- please don't hesitate to send me a message. I'm always happy to help. :)
Mina wrote:
... All of these years later, I have a better understanding of why 8pt fuchsia is a crime.

But! But!

IMG-4149.jpg
𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑅𝑃𝑅!
fvQWDDk.png
Welcome to RPR! ❤️ Lots of good beans here.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greeting from Playerfiles !

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus