Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Breaking the Lights || 1x1 RP

Jane Harper (played by jennaisante) Topic Starter

Jane couldn’t help but smile at Adrian’s quirky response. When he replied in a marine-themed tone, it reminded her of a fond memory from her childhood. “You know.” she said with a playful glint in her eyes, “I’ve always had this deep respect for Marines ever since I was a kid.” She paused for a moment, getting lost in her thoughts. “I used to watch them during their jogging practices along the beach shore. There was something so invigorating about it — all those disciplined men moving in perfect rhythm while singing those catchy chants. It felt like a scene straight out of a movie! It was so much fun to see them, and it made me feel a little closer to the spirit of camaraderie and strength.”

Her chuckle intermingled with the gentle sound of the waves crashing outside her window. “Alright then, see you tomorrow!” she concluded, a hint of anticipation lacing her words.

The next day dawned bright and clear, and Jane reached for her phone to check for any messages. As she scrolled through her notifications, her mind buzzed with excitement about their plans. She decided it would be a good idea to reach out to Adrian. After contemplating for a moment, she typed out her message, her fingers dancing over the screen. “Should I go to your place directly, or should I wait somewhere so you can come and fetch me?” she texted, then hit send.

With that small action, she leaned back in her chair.
He was already awake and drinking a cup of coffee. His phone dinged with a notification. A feeling of dread washed over him since it was usually someone from his chain of command. He groaned and grabbed his phone only to have relief wash over him seeing that it's from Jane.

He responded. "It's up to you. If I come get you, I can grab us some breakfast. Your call"

He set his phone down after texting her and returned to playing Call of Duty. He groaned in frustration with his teammates. "Stay behind cover!" He sighed with anger.

Call! Meet me near the campus' gate one hour from now.

She quickly typed out another text to Adrian, her fingers flying over the screen as she eagerly anticipated their meeting.

Jane then turned her attention to packing her bag. She carefully selected her sketchbook, ensuring it was filled with her most recent designs. Next, she grabbed her measuring tape and ruler, items essential for her meticulous planning. The sewing kits were neatly tucked away, accompanied by a few samples of garments she had been working on. Each tool and piece of fabric was carefully chosen, representing her passion for design and the projects she aimed to discuss with Adrian.

Once her designing tools were neatly packed, Jane decided it was time to change her outfit. She reached for a crisp white blouse with a tint of black on the other side, a staple in her wardrobe that radiated both professionalism and creativity. To add a personal touch, she has a tie around her neck, transforming the simple blouse into a statement piece that showcased her artistic flair.

After making sure she was presentable and ready for her meeting, Jane made her way to the campus' gate. The anticipation grew within her as she approached the meeting spot. Upon arriving, she decided to capture the moment by taking a selfie, letting her excitement shine through her smile.

4c26566f42eb69a555e28040ab5eb9e2.jpg

With the photo taken, she quickly shot off another text to Adrian: I've arrived! The message, filled with enthusiasm, was sent off into the digital ether, just as her heart raced with the possibilities of their collaboration.
"My civilian battle buddy! ❤️ was the text the young corporal sentvin response to the selfie.

Later on, Adrian was waiting in his car while listening to music. He had shut his game off and started his way to the campus and had arrived fifteen minutes ago. He sipped his Java Monster.

Once the text came to, he responded Rgr. I'm in the parking lot. Coming now. He got out of his car and started his way over to Jane making quick time strides. He would see her and start towards her.

He was wearing a pair of plain blue jeans and an OD green shirt with an eagle, globe, and anchor with USMC under it. He walked to her "you ready to make like a fetus and head out?"

Jane’s fingers flew across her phone screen as she responded to Adrian’s text, her mind racing with anticipation.

'Alright.' she typed, trying to keep the tone light and encouraging. She took a moment to gather her thoughts, mentally compiling a checklist of everything she needed for their measurement session.

Measurement tools: check
    Sample garment: check
    Head measurement: check

With a mental nod, she assured herself that she had everything prepared. Any measurement tools she might require had already been gathered and tucked away into her bag. As she immersed herself in her strategies and plans.

Just then, she caught sight of Adrian approaching and couldn’t help but beam. He always managed to lighten the atmosphere with his jokes, and she found herself particularly amused by his quip about fetus out which echoed in her mind like a delightful echo.

“I actually wonder how many puns you guys have about military life,” she said cheerfully as he drew closer. “It seems like such a fascinating code you all use to communicate with one another.” She chuckled, imagining the camaraderie that shared jokes could create. “So, are we measuring you at your home, or do you want to do it here at the campus studio?” she continued, eager to finalize the details and start their measuring project. The thought of working with Adrian excited her, combining both professionalism and a light-hearted atmosphere, and she looked forward to the session ahead.
"It doesn't matter to me, but if you have a boyfriend, I think it would be more appropriate if we did all our work here. Then we cab just hmgo get lunch afterwards right off-campus" He responded. He was beyond excited to work with her, but he was planning on asking her to rate a lecture he had been working on, along with the methodology he was set to use.

"After we're done, I was gonna ask you to listen to a lecture I have prepared. I already told you I was planning on becoming a high school history teacher, right? I had already started up a lecture on Teddy Roosevelt..."

“Sure! Have you had a chance to visit the Fashion Art buildings yet?” Jane said enthusiastically, her eyes lighting up with excitement. “If you haven’t, I’d be happy to lead you there! We won't take long time as it only for measuring purposes.” She smiled warmly at Adrian, eager to share this part of campus with him.

As they made their way toward the Fashion Art building, they strolled through the vibrant campus, passing by a number of stylishly dressed students who seemed to embody the creative spirit of the school. The air was filled with chatter and laughter, and the atmosphere was electric, reflecting the unique connection that existed between the various art disciplines on campus, particularly in fashion and photography.

“The design studio is just straight ahead from here.” Jane said, pointing to a nearby room that had a sleek mannequin displayed prominently beside the door. The window allowed a glimpse of vibrant fabrics and sketches scattered about, hinting at the creative projects happening inside.

“Oh! I didn’t realize you were already open for lectures!” Jane exclaimed, a broad smile spreading across her face. “That’s wonderful! What subject are you going to teach on Teddy Roosevelt’s history? Will you focus on his biography? I’d love to hear all about it.” She glanced over at Adrian, genuinely interested in his response, and they continued walking side by side, enjoying the lively energy of the campus around them.
"My lecture will be on everything he had done prior to his presidency." He said as he glances at the students. He was fully impressed by what he had seen, but he really had no need to come to this side of the campus." He was obviously impressed seeing all the different styles of clothing.

Once they walked into the studio, he looked around and then to her "Teddy Roosevelt, simply put, embodied the spirit if what it is to be an American. He was born with alot of health problems, but said 'screw that' and started training and lifting weights" that was how he was starting his impromptu presentation. As she took his measurements, he continued his lesson..

Jane's eyes sparkled with amusement as Adrian, brimming with enthusiasm, described the upcoming lecture he was to give. With a quick flick of her wrist, she tossed her bag onto the empty desk, its contents spilling forth. Among them lay a collection of measuring tapes, rulers, and a notebook – the tools of her trade.

She beckoned Adrian to stand tall, his lean frame a canvas for her artistry. As he continued to expound on his lecture, his animated gestures drawing Jane's attention, she measured him with meticulous precision. Each number, a detail in the tapestry of his form, was carefully recorded in her notebook.

"Thirty-four inch waist," she murmured, marking it down. "Thirty-four leg, a size seven hat, and forty-one chest..." Her pen danced across the page, capturing his dimensions.

With a satisfied nod, she set aside her measuring instruments and grabbed her sketchpad. Her pencil flew across the paper, transforming numbers into lines, curves, and shapes – a blueprint for the garment she envisioned.

"Alright, we've done with your size," she announced, a playful smile gracing her lips. "Black and brown, right? That's what you wanted. I'll get home and whip up some mock-ups. Should hopefully be able to get a good sense of the style." She gave him a thumbs-up, her eyes twinkling. "But it's almost lunchtime. Fancy grabbing a bite?"
He was standing at the position of attention while she took his measurements while he continued his mini-lecture. He seemed to almost get passionate about his lecture, especially when it came to Teddy Roosevelt's statue at the Natural History Museum. It was clear that he had a knack for teaching, but his delivery was what he was trying to work on.

After his measurements were taken, he sat so she could finish up her writing "Yeah, we agreed on black and brown". He was seemingly endeared by her dedication to her craft; most men appreciate and respect a Master or his or her craft.

When the topic of lunch came up, he nodded a few times. "Yeah, we can go get chow. Where do you wanna go? Mostly everywhere offers a military discount, so just name the place"

The late afternoon sun cast long shadows as Adrian and Jane walked back to his car, after finishing with their measuring and gathering Jane's belonging back to her bag. "By the way," Jane began, her voice light, "to whom are you going to have your lecture? High school students? Middle school? I think your audience will be the deciding factor on how you deliver your lecture." Jane smiled, her eyes sparkling. "Well, I'm sure you'll be a natural either way. You've been great with explaining things."

They continued their walk, their conversation flowing easily. "Do you like Japanese food?" Jane asked, her smile widening. "I'm craving sushi. But if you don't want to, we can go to any restaurant you want. I basically can eat anything."
He heard Japanese and his ears perked "I haven't had Japanese food since I was stationed in Okinawa!" he blurted. He looked at her with a grin "I hope they have takoyaki, and I think I might ask for either tonkotsu or omurice...." He laughed at himself a bit "I honestly think I'm the only adult that likes omurice....." His tone was like a self-depricating type.

"Which car do you wanna take?" He said as he walked alongside her to the parking lot. He passed two other students who gave him dirty looks. Adrian could only surmise that the dirty looks were because of his day job, which is being a Marine, and an infantryman at that.

Adrian felt more at ease with Jane, even though most of his friends were other Marines; she is his only civilian friend.

"You are not the only adult. I like omurice as well," Jane said, her voice light and teasing. She smiled, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "Sophia and I often had Japanese food since both of us like sushi. We can go to SoCal sushi. We're regulars there."

The afternoon sun cast long shadows as Jane walked side by side with Adrian, their footsteps echoing on the sidewalk. She noticed that Adrian was keeping a steady pace and his expression thoughtful. "I thought you have your car? I went here by bus," she remarked, noticing the puzzled looks from some of the people they passed. The whispers, the sideways glances, they all seemed to be directed at Adrian and Jane couldn't understand why.

She shrugged and a little bewildered. "Should we go by your car?" she asked, her voice laced with a hint of concern. "I mean, if you want to." She didn't want to pressure him, but a nagging feeling told her something was off.
"We can go by my car. That's no problem". For a Marine, Adrian was incredibly soft-spoken which added to the difficulty of boot camp back when he was merely a recruit. The devil dog may have been soft-spoken, but he carried himself with pride.

"You'd like my friend Donovan back home where I'm from. You kinda remind me of him because of the zeal for life you had" he was allowing her a few glimpses into his life, but that just means he was letting his guard down a bit.

Once they arrived to the parking lot, he pointed at the blue 2014 Dodge Charger. "I saved money and put a cash down-payment on that. It's not brand-new, but I didn't want to do what other Marines did and get in an expensive financing contract, so I bought this from a retired Gunnery Sergeant"

It’s always fascinating to hear people's perspective on Jane. She often referred as in such vibrant terms — enthusiastic, full of spirit, and brimming with energy. But when he chose to call her "zeal," it struck a new chord within her. It was a word that seemed to encapsulate a depth of admiration she hadn’t quite expected.

“I’ve been curious, is he still reaching out to you?” she asked, her voice light, but with an undercurrent of genuine interest. “I’m sure your life must be overflowing with happiness being with him,” she added with a soft smile, her eyes gleaming with curiosity about the dynamics of their relationship.

Jane nodded in agreement as Adrian proudly displayed his car. For a college student, his vehicle was a remarkable sight, not just because of its sleek appearance, but also because of the story it seemed to carry within its metal frame. Each scratch and dent told a tale, and the history plastered on it gave it character. “This looks strong enough, though,” she remarked, her smile widening as she admired it. She couldn’t help but feel a sense of kinship with the car, as if it mirrored the adventurous spirit of its owner. She patiently waited for Adrian to unlock the door.
There was something disarming charming about Jane which put Adrian at ease. The way she was able to discuss fashion was in such a way that it had hooked Adrian's attention. When she asked about Donovan, he was happy to discuss his childhood friend.

"I grew up in a relatively normal town, and one of my closest friends was Donovan. We were the exact opposite when it came to behavior because he was the one looking to get into mischief and I was the 'good kid'. We even double-dated at prom. We were inseparable and I wrote him and his parents during boot camp and talked normally when I was deployed to Afghanistan. We lost touch after I was shot. I plan on getting ahold of him sooner or later. We jumped his little sister's boyfriend for slapping her once..." the last part was something he wasn't proud of given his tone.

He would sit in the driver's seat after unlocking the door, and once she was seated, he started his car. He would turn his radio down before backing out of his space and starting the drive to the restaurant. The prospect of being able to have omurice had him almost excited. If not, he would definitely go for a spicy tuna roll.

(Fast fact: spicy tuna roll is my favorite)

Jane thought about how nice it must be to double-date at the prom as she and Jared made their way there together. It wasn't that she had anything against double-dating, but in her case, she asked Jared before he had the chance to make plans with anyone else. She felt a sense of guilt now, regretting her impulsive decision to ask him without knowing if he even wanted to go with her.

Jane felt touched and grateful when she heard a man proudly sharing with his friends how he had intervened in a situation where a man was mistreating his girlfriend. Jane couldn't help but nod approvingly, expressing her support for the Adrian and Donovan's brave actions.

"You've done a good deed!" Jane declared emphatically, giving a firm nod in approval. She went on to chastise the violent actions, expressing her relief that he acted as he did. "If I were you, I would do the same," she added, sincerely.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Jane turning her attention to Adrian, Jane said with a smile, "What would you prefer-the counter or tatami seats?" She continued, "Usually, I'd take the tatami seats, but if you aren't comfortable with it, we can sit near the counter instead."
He got a tiny bit excited when she mentioned the tatami seats. "I only used the tatami seats when I was in Okinawa" He was now grinning a bit. He was ready to pull his sneakers off due to it becoming a force of habit; he also took off his shoes and boots before going into his room back at the barracks. He figured since they would be on the tatami, it would only be proper protocol.

He adjusted his olive drab green shirt. He looked around and saw other Marines, so that put him even further at ease. He saw a specific Marine, a young Hispanic man. "Yo Gutierrez! Come gimme kiss!"

The other Marine looked at him and responded in a deadpan tone: "not right now, Hawthorne."

Adrian turned his attention back to Jane "that's Lance Corporal Gutierrez. He's a buddy of mine. He lives across the hall from me in the barracks". There was a deep brotherly connection between the two Marines. It was almost palpable between the two young Marines.

As soon as Jane stepped onto the soft, inviting tatami mat, she slipped off her shoes, feeling the cool surface beneath her feet. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, and she settled comfortably across from Adrian. As she observed him, she couldn’t help but be amused by the animated way he was engaging in conversation with one of his fellow marines. It was a classic exchange filled with light-hearted banter and camaraderie, something she found both entertaining and intriguing.

Jane leaned back slightly, her curiosity piqued, soaking in the lively energy of their conversation. "So, you’d banter a kiss whenever you meet your colleagues?" she said with a playful smile, her eyes glinting with a mix of amusement and curiosity. She was genuinely interested in how Adrian navigated relationships within his tight-knit circle of friends.

Before waiting for him to respond, Jane grabbed a wet napkin from the table and deftly wiped her hands, enjoying the refreshing sensation. Just then, the waiter approached, offering to take their order.

"I’ll have the sushi set, please," she said confidently, her enthusiasm for the meal unmistakable. Then she turned her gaze back to Adrian, her face brightening as she posed the next question, “Do you want to order the spicy tuna roll only?”
He would settle himself across from her on the soft mat and set his shoes off to his left before explaining to Jane "this is just how guys, especially us lower enlisted, mess with each other. No lie, one day I was in my room and my roommate came in and said 'Hawthorne! Roses are red, violets are blue, I wanna....f-word....you' just because that's how we joke with each other. Even soldiers, sailors, and airmen joke like that. It's hard to explain, but once you join, you'll understand quite easily"

He took in a breath before explaining the closest thing we get to kissing each other is playing this game called 'gay chicken' and the key is to act as zesty as possible in order to get your target to break and lose his bearing."

He looked up at the waiter "this will be on the same ticket, sir. I'll take the same as my buddy here" the Marine gestured to Jane "we'll also have some edamame if you have it"

Once the waiter left, he returned his attention to her. There was a deep kindness in the Marine's eyes as he spoke with his new friend "so has fashion always been an interest of yours?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Breaking the Lights || 1x1 RP

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus