Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Vampiric Knight

First time participating in this! I hope im doing this right… 😭

This character…
- Is an immortal vampire.
- Once served loyally to someone who thought they were righteous.
- Has many scars.
Claine Moderator

Holy symbols are said to harm vampires. Perhaps they served a religious figurehead of some kind, and being in proximity to them caused physical harm - which caused their permanent scars.
Claine wrote:
Holy symbols are said to harm vampires. Perhaps they served a religious figurehead of some kind, and being in proximity to them caused physical harm - which caused their permanent scars.

Perhaps this righteous figure knew that the holy symbols were harming the character, but allowed the character to continue despite the harm -mostly because they were immortal and perhaps thought that vampires were beneath them?
right hand man gone rogue. either got sick of his master's BS or was outright betrayed. to me it's the latter and that's how he got those scars.

maybe he was exposed to shafts of sunlight that left him with burn scars that still painfully plague him.

maybe his master did this as a kind of sacrifice and it was intended to kill him and also give the master great power as a result but it either backfired or didn't succeed. but either wat, your character lived! and probably wants revenge

(it'd be cool if his master had the same identical scar pattern, too)
A row of cascading suggestions from the three points:

Maybe the vampire has the scars back from his days as a human. They were the servant of a vampire who was still a good man, and when the mob with pitchforks and torches arrived, the character stood between them and their master.
Which didn't go so well, and they would've died from their injuries if it wasn't for their master to turn them, healing the wounds instantly but scaring the character in the process.
The vampire master could be upset about killing the mob to save the servant, and thus deciding to step into the sunlight or leave, in fear of becoming a bloodthirsty monster because the addictive nature of spilling human blood, so they gave their servant some last advise and left them on their own.
reminds me a bit of a pair of characters I made once. The first was a founding member of an order of mystics serving a king during a cold war. Eventually he realized that said king had been using their abilities to cover some heinous warcrimes, and ultimately ended up turning on his master and the rest of the order, destroying both. Now jaded and alone, he put himself into hiding and became a hermit.

The second was the son of an influential church builder, and was cursed by a mob of, as much as I hate the word, "cultists" who honestly didnt know what they were cursing him with.
From there his family took him to character 1 to be healed. The treatment proved temporary, so the family pushed for him to be made an apprentice to learn to treat himself. ch1 proceeded to treat ch2 as a slave, and his methods of teaching would leave scars. But part of him still wanted to care. At least enough to beat the "naivety" out of ch2 so he never gets betrayed the way ch1 did. ch2 would latch onto that mote of caring and insist that his master is, deep down, still a good man.

not sure if that helps, but I hope something there can inspire you
boiling that down, maybe this vampire is part of an order of vampires trained as loyal special forces under a monarch. They would've gotten their scars in the line of duty.

Or maybe the character loyally served someone who helped them treat and manage their vampirism. The scars are a side effect of their treatment.

Maybe they previously served a "righteous" individual who they later realized was the vilest of sinners, prompting them to betray their loyalty.

Maybe they served a church builder and actually contracted vampirism because of mob action against their master. The scars could have been gained during this incident.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Vampiric Knight

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus