Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Accomplished Wizard

Claine Moderator

Hello :)

I'm looking for ideas for the following character
- Female
- Considered a skilled wizard
- Travels to research
Howdy Howdy!

What if this female wizard is a bit of a fraud? Not fully, she's got some magic in her veins. But perhaps she's been forced to impersonate the true skilled wizard (either because they passed away or aren't in the mood anymore.) So your character ends up traveling the lands for guidance, but perhaps because she looks similar to the true skilled wizard. Towns people just assume that she's the real deal?
little gold bifocals, first of all. HUGE red hair pulled back into an absolutely massive ponytail that is barely contained (the hair ties often snap and fly away). freckles and a pointy nose and big green peridot eyes.

travels but travels EVERYWHERE. has a true zest for it. remote places like the jungle to make contact with hidden away magic folk. getting swarmed by bugs and making a magic field to keep them away whilst practicing and learning new spells. eating a bowl of noodles on a tiny stool in the streets of some faroff city. knows many languages, too.

absolutely famous but so, so shy.
I like the idea of her being the travel-person for a grand magical library or university of some sort. Whenever there are some rumors of magical books of noteworthiness in foreign countries, magical phenomena or there is an ancient tomb to unravel, she is the one that is sent there. A bit of a magical Indiana Jones.
PhantomLurker wrote:
Howdy Howdy!

What if this female wizard is a bit of a fraud? Not fully, she's got some magic in her veins. But perhaps she's been forced to impersonate the true skilled wizard (either because they passed away or aren't in the mood anymore.) So your character ends up traveling the lands for guidance, but perhaps because she looks similar to the true skilled wizard. Towns people just assume that she's the real deal?

Ooh, I always loved the dread pirate Robberts thing, passing down a name with a built up legacy. Maybe this skilled wizard business is similar, where there have been at least a handful of people who previously took on the identity, some of which maybe didnt have any true magic at all and were just skilled street magicians. Because the name keeps getting passed on, people think this wizard has lived for hundreds of years, adding to the illusion of power.
If "considered to be a skilled wizard" has emphasis on the "considered" part, I really like the idea of a wizard specialized in special effects: glowing auras, dramatic wind, the earth shacking, dramatic shadows, eyes lighting up red, that sort of stuff…
Flashy effects that are very impressive to non-mages and inexperienced mages, and that makes the character seem very magic, while they're actually all bark no bite!
Claine Topic Starter Moderator

I would actually like her to be a skilled wizard. I feel that female characters are not often allowed to stand on their own merit, which is why I want to build a character like this.
alright, in that case maybe her specialty is transmutations, and she travels to study different materials and forms to try and replicate/manipulate with her magic? She's almost artsy about it, like it was just sculpting and she's looking for inspiration.
Some random thoughts chat came to me reading this...
  • She is able to travel time (a Rick & Morty thing) though can only go back in time and come back to their present day
  • Is able to travel distance quickly (a Five Hargreaves sort of thing)
  • Has long dark/black hair with deep blue eyes that helps her read some thoughts of others when they are looking into another's eyes

:)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Accomplished Wizard

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus