Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: friendly weirdo

- A deeply non-human alien species, even straying into the eldritch and unexplainable. Individual species trait suggestions welcome.

- I have a habit of falling into a "quiet, introverted intellectual" bit. Something more opinionated and outgoing would be nice.

- this character somehow collects marks or tokens, little things that reflect a long and storied past.
how about a "loud, extroverted intellectual" who just can't stop sprouting cool facts about their field of expertise, and just have to try to explain everything?

Unrelated, but if it is eldritch, the collected marks or tokens could be an anchor to our world, they collect things to stay grounded in this world, maybe "using up" the emotional energy that was stored in the tokens - the more it meant to someone, the better it helps the character.
For the personality bit I immediately thought about this:

- a child-like curiosity of new things they don't know yet;
they travel though the whole universe with ease, but that device you fill with water and ground coffee beans then turn it on and it makes a delicious drink that gives you the equivalent of super powers to focus and get started with you day? Amazing, that's a miracle!

- maybe even such a pure and innocent excitement and love for the unknown that makes them see other species with the same fascination we for example have with tiny kittens

Some other random thoughts that came to my mind as well:

- the world / realm / galaxy they come from is not only unknown to most humans / people from earth but also has a completely different way of seeing things, the perception of experience and maybe even moral code, understanding of life.

- this could lead not only to misunderstandings but also to a rather beautiful kind of connection

- imagine for example they don't like to talk a lot about themselves but love getting to know things about other beings. The annoying co-worker who never listens and only talks about themselves could find the friendship of their life time

- or if they have no need for anything that most terrestrial beings rely on (food, sleep, oxygen?) it could be a huge chance for them to help each other out

- another form of communication, maybe they don't talk in another language, but if you want to connect with them, they make you feel emotions or see pictures/ colors inside
Taloir Topic Starter

Chaotic wrote:
Unrelated, but if it is eldritch, the collected marks or tokens could be an anchor to our world, they collect things to stay grounded in this world, maybe "using up" the emotional energy that was stored in the tokens - the more it meant to someone, the better it helps the character.

Now thats a really cool, fascinating idea for the tokens. Thank you :)
Taloir Topic Starter

Sin-fonie wrote:
- maybe even such a pure and innocent excitement and love for the unknown that makes them see other species with the same fascination we for example have with tiny kittens

now that I can easily roleplay. I watch my wife fawn over her cats all day long, lol.
Sin-fonie wrote:
- another form of communication, maybe they don't talk in another language, but if you want to connect with them, they make you feel emotions or see pictures/ colors inside

And I love this idea so much. It would really make the rp feel alien if you ask a character what they want to do, and the response is an image of a dog chasing a ball or something. Communicating principally through emotions is also something I've kinda done before, and would tie in great with chaotics idea about the character being anchored to reality by emotional trinkets.
Taloir Topic Starter

Alright, here's the character: T.i.m.-E.

https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1489203/478245
Ooohhh I love it! You made a really awesome character :D

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: friendly weirdo

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus