Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Catboy

Noel Severin (played anonymously)

So, I have this character I made for an RP that never got started, and that might use some fleshing out. While I think the simplicity has some charm, I want to think about ways to actually put some meat on those bones!

So, if you have suggestions for me…
  • Cat-like, the image is already locked in
  • Lazy
  • A bit like the human equivalent of a stray that only slowly get used to people.

Also, setting should be more modern rather than medieval, but otherwise is open.
- Angsty: He once had a perfectly normal family until they abandoned him for unknown reasons. Which in turn caused him to have trust issues with people.

- Cozy: Noel has a hobby that he likes to keep hidden from others to prevent anyone from possibly making fun of him.

- Is this a novel?: Noel belongs to a strange family known for their shut in behavior. For some dang reason, they are obsessed with him.
I can totally see Noel being a stray due to his last family abandoning him, either due to financial reasons (which results in them not being able to care for Noel anymore.) Or due to the family having some stuff that needed to be tended to and just thought Noel wouldn't cope with the change. Regardless, I'd imagine his new family/friends would need to work super mega hard to get his trust.
Noel Severin wrote:
So, I have this character I made for an RP that never got started, and that might use some fleshing out. While I think the simplicity has some charm, I want to think about ways to actually put some meat on those bones!

So, if you have suggestions for me…
  • Cat-like, the image is already locked in
  • Lazy
  • A bit like the human equivalent of a stray that only slowly get used to people.

Also, setting should be more modern rather than medieval, but otherwise is open.

idk how much of a tipical trope you want for this charactor, but maybe their kinda reserved, they dislike other people alot and stay away from them. maybe they choose to live in a feild or small forest just off from the village/town/city, and they live there but come into town ocasonally. eventually a 'happy-go-lucky' character finds them and kinda forces their way into his life as a freind, dispite him not wanting to make any freinds. eventually he warms up to them and is really nice and a big cuddle bug maybe?

or, you can have an OC that has just been thru alot, has had alot of truama or things happen to them thru their life, and is really just scared. he's closed of from peopl and dislikes people because he's maybe scared of them.
Noel Severin (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Those are some great ideas, although I wouldn't want to make Noel too angsty., he is supposed to be a bit of a feelgood-character. A hurt/comfort scenario and paring him off with a more happy character might work, but would put much strain onto my playpartner!
Some angst still should be fine!

A huge thanks for your answers so far!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Catboy

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus