Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: one with the world

I'm thinking of a character who:

- has a special connection to the world around them and a deep understanding for their surroundings

- chooses not to get involved with most sapient species, rather keeping the company of animals / monsters and nature (in a forest? deep down in the ocean? underneath mountains or inside the unexplored depths of another planet?)

- is probably capable of using a very powerful skillset (magic? telekinesis? communication?) but would rather never even think of them than imagining it could be used for a bad purpose

No matter how much or little comes to mind, I'd love to hear everything you can think of!
Could be just a general vibe, an additional aspect or even a certain picture in your mind, but could as well be a particular detail that would fit.
Pan comes to mind with the connection to the world and preferring the company of animals. Maybe this character has the spirit of Pan or is Pan reborn?

Cernnunos is another who comes to mind who is like Pan in many ways but is also Lord of the Hunt. With either one, perhaps he is Nature's Champion, chosen to protect it and perhaps reclaim nature?

For powers, maybe he has control over nature itself? Maybe can control animals or cause plants to grow and do his bidding?
The company of monsters thing makes me think of "where the monsters go," and the whole dancing around the bonfire thing. So this character is just surrounded by these almost kaiju-like beings, in his own way keeping them at bay simply by entertaining them.

A different part of me wants to take this in a very abstract direction, where the bonfire itself represents the life and conflict in the world. Wars, birth, celebration, destruction. It's all part of the natural cycle, part of this flame that your character is cultivating and communing with. In it he can see... everything. He witnesses peoples sufferings and successes all at once. The birth and death of every animal. And maybe interacting with this fire has its own effects on the world: adding fuel maybe brings new life to the world. As the fire grows larger, so too does conflict. Maybe by putting out a portion of it, sudden disaster strikes. But if the fire ever goes out altogether, thus ends the cycle of nature. of life. Or something along those lines.
Sin-fonie wrote:
- chooses not to get involved with most sapient species, rather keeping the company of animals / monsters and nature (in a forest? deep down in the ocean? underneath mountains or inside the unexplored depths of another planet?)
the idea of a character deep in the sea seems really cool and gave me a few ideas
they could be some type of mermaid or siren, who prefers to remain in the deeper open oceans. maybe they don't have/know of their family, or if they even exist. they've never really met any of their same species, not their parents or even any other mermaid/siren - family or otherwise. they have no clue exactly how they came to be the way they are because of this.

alternatively you can go the siren rout, and maybe they split of from their family whom all used their siren abilities to do horrible things to sailors(like in the original stories) and they hated the idea of doing such a thing, instead choosing to split off away from them. maybe they live in a cave under the water. they stay away from others, but occasionally they need to venture out for something and it requires them to be around human or sirens or something for some periods of time.

i have other ideas too, but i'mma try not to post a whole novel sized comment of ideas lol. hope these help!^^
Sin-fonie Topic Starter

Hello again :D
Thank you all so much for your ideas! I love every single one them and could probably even create more than one character with all this input.
I will stick to one new profile though, and I'm gonna share it with you as soon as it's ready. But know that I really appreciate all of your brainstorming, even if I fail to include everything on here.
This is a really cool event, thanks to your creative heads! ^_^
Zsviih (played by Sin-fonie) Topic Starter

Hello everyone!
I'm so sorry to say I am nowhere near to having my profile set up enough to really show it yet.
There have been some issues with my internet connection and I hope I can soon finally get a contract with a new internet provider.
The profile lacks a ton of information and other content, but it's the best I can do at this moment.
Still, thank you all again so much <3
I really love this event and I'll work out the profile as soon as I can!
Many greetings~

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: one with the world

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus