Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: UTAUloid Anthro Girl

So, I have been wanting to have a sci-fi character, and I've also been wanting to create a fanloid or even an original UTAU voicebank, so I thought "why not both?"
I thought I might as well get ideas in this event, so here we are

I am looking for:

- Teenage/Ageless (but looks like a teenager) android girl
- Anthro
- Fitting of a breathy, slightly mature vocal style

For those who don't know, UTAU is a musical plugin made for creating vocals via concatenative synthesis (basically the pitching up and down of samples)
It is meant to be easy to create custom vocals for and has infinite possibilities of sound

If anyone would like to volunteer to record a vocal for her, that would be much appreciated! If I am unable to find a voice for her, I'll do a fanloid approach and simply edit a pre-existing vocal to fit her design and personality
Maybe she was an android built by a old scientist?

Have you ever heard of the "Daisy Bell" song, sung by the first vocal synth? Maybe you can name her Daisy or Bell, or something relating to that song, and the scientist could be related to the first vocal synth!
Jooters Topic Starter

twistedvictorian wrote:
Maybe she was an android built by a old scientist?

Have you ever heard of the "Daisy Bell" song, sung by the first vocal synth? Maybe you can name her Daisy or Bell, or something relating to that song, and the scientist could be related to the first vocal synth!

I'm trying to aim for a more "distant future where everything is white with random abstract techy bits" sci-fi feel, so I don't really feel like referencing older tech would work with it. Plus the Daisy Bell reference is a little overused, I feel.
With a mature, breathy voice, maybe her appearance might be styled after a jazz singer or a classic lounge singer (doesn't mean her actual singing style needs to be limited in genre) long flowy red dress, a mic that is very old-school in style… I think that could still work in an apple-style future.
Jooters Topic Starter

Chaotic wrote:
With a mature, breathy voice, maybe her appearance might be styled after a jazz singer or a classic lounge singer (doesn't mean her actual singing style needs to be limited in genre) long flowy red dress, a mic that is very olds-chool in style… I think that could still work in an apple-style future.

Hm... I honestly rather like that idea! I was thinking about it being more like a soft electro pop voice, but that does sound like it can work really well

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: UTAUloid Anthro Girl

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus