Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: a fantasy character

This event looks like a lot of fun so I thought I would give it a go too! :)

Characteristics I'm working with so far:
- queer
- some sort of ability, power, supernatural or of any other origin
- not the best relationship with the authority/law (but why?)

I'm not much for something too dark, though. Otherwise, I would love to hear your wonderful ideas! ♥
how about their power is derived from a blessing given to them by (insert fantasy faction,) as a kind of honorary membership in that group, and its something they can take away again.

Inspiration came from fablehaven, in which one character was blessed by faries and another was touched by shades. Its been too long since I read it, but in both instances, it came with a magically enhanced understanding of those creatures, enough standing respect from them to not get killed on sight, the ability to act essentially as that creature type, and little bonuses like seeing in the dark or being immune to magical fear effects. In your case, the extra benefits could be as significant as being able to breathe fire if blessed by dragons, or control plants if blessed by dryads.
Wixiany Topic Starter

Taloir wrote:
how about their power is derived from a blessing given to them by (insert fantasy faction,) as a kind of honorary membership in that group, and its something they can take away again.

Inspiration came from fablehaven, in which one character was blessed by faries and another was touched by shades. Its been too long since I read it, but in both instances, it came with a magically enhanced understanding of those creatures, enough standing respect from them to not get killed on sight, the ability to act essentially as that creature type, and little bonuses like seeing in the dark or being immune to magical fear effects. In your case, the extra benefits could be as significant as being able to breathe fire if blessed by dragons, or control plants if blessed by dryads.

oh!! that's a really cool concept! I don't think I've encountered it before but the idea of the powers being stripped at any moment sure adds a level of angst or anxiety
An idea that I find very interesting, is any gender of modern queer character with the ability to travel through time. They could go back to the past, and try to change queer history so they arent so stigmatized against or hated, and they attempt to reform the goverment.
Wixiany Topic Starter

BasilThePlant wrote:
An idea that I find very interesting, is any gender of modern queer character with the ability to travel through time. They could go back to the past, and try to change queer history so they arent so stigmatized against or hated, and they attempt to reform the goverment.

this feels like it would make for a great sci-fi character instead haha
I see your post is about as popular as mine. Well here's another idea then:
The character is on the wrong side of the law because-
- they were part of a thieves guild that got snitched on and a lot of your peers were caught in a raid. So the character is trying to figure out who the rat was and get revenge on them for ruining the great thing they had going without drawing attention to themself.

- the character is an adventurer who ended up foiling some barons' or princes nefarious plans in the process of looting a dungeon and got themself put on a wanted poster for their trouble. Fun fact: the bounty is almost as large as the sum of gold they were able to loot.

- the character is a former knight, perhaps? Got too close to the spouse of someone very powerful and they decided to have you stripped of station and exiled.
Wixiany Topic Starter

Taloir wrote:
I see your post is about as popular as mine. Well here's another idea then:
The character is on the wrong side of the law because-
- they were part of a thieves guild that got snitched on and a lot of your peers were caught in a raid. So the character is trying to figure out who the rat was and get revenge on them for ruining the great thing they had going without drawing attention to themself.

- the character is an adventurer who ended up foiling some barons' or princes nefarious plans in the process of looting a dungeon and got themself put on a wanted poster for their trouble. Fun fact: the bounty is almost as large as the sum of gold they were able to loot.

- the character is a former knight, perhaps? Got too close to the spouse of someone very powerful and they decided to have you stripped of station and exiled.

okay, you ate with these. I love them!! you can bet one of these is going to make it to the backstory XD
Alfonso Dargeta (played by Wixiany) Topic Starter

I was finally able to put together a character with the ideas I received! It was fun to somehow mix it together with what I had imagined at first! Thanks for all the lovely ideas ♥

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: a fantasy character

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus