Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Something creative!

Salutations dear reader!

So I'm not really in the market for a new character, however, in the spirit of participation I figured I would see how creative I can get the folks of the RPR to be! As such, the traits I've chosen were done so with the express intent of seeing what outside-the-box ideas can be thrown out there! I'm super intrigued to see what suggestions you folks might come up with!

So- I'm looking for ideas for the following:

● Must be humanoid, but they cannot be human, any typical fantasy race (dwarves, elves, orcs, etc), or any other common humanoid race/trope (e.g furry/scaley). Be creative! Describe what this creature's race might look like! (P.s., it must be humanoid, but it doesn't have to be a biped. It could have 4 legs and 7 arms for all I care!)

● Their job/role/class can be whatever, but it should involve some aspect that would make sense for their physical appearance.

● Include at least one aspect that, if encountered in a modest, modern society, would have people doing double takes or being suspicious of them. This could be something like an inability to make vocal noises and so talks telepathically, or has a creepy third eye that never seems to look in the same direction it's other eyes do.

And that's all! I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! I understand this goes beyond the "basic" traits suggested in the event outline, but I figured if someone wants to really flex their creative juices, then this might be the prompt to do so :)
How about a race of humanoid creatures known as the Aetherians? They are ethereal beings with a semi-transparent, shimmering skin that constantly shifts colors and patterns, resembling a living aurora. They have four arms and two legs, but their hands and feet are webbed, allowing them to glide effortlessly through air and water. Their job might be that of luminomancer, harnessing light for various magical purposes, such as healing or creating illusions. In modern society, their unsettling aspect would be their ever-shifting skin patterns, which can make it difficult to focus on them and might give the impression of a constantly changing presence, leaving people feeling uneasy or disoriented.
That a really cool mental image reading over that idea. What if they are creatures of the northern lights? Like, they live in them or the lights are like some gateway to their world? Maybe their ever shifting patterns make them resemble northern lights too. Could see people believing they are ghosts or angels. Perhaps the creature ends up enduring the many paranormal hunters trying to prove they exist while the alien is merely trying to do it's job?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Something creative!

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus