Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Fantasy Mixed with Sci-Fi

Here are the three ideas I am working with currently. While I have a myriad of characters for my novels already, I am wanting one more that will be important to a character’s lore. So here are the three bullet points;

- female (hard time narrowing down her age)
- best friends with an artificial being made in a laboratory
- lives in a fantasy world of magic where said lab is considered witchcraft
That sounds like a fascinating character setup! Here are a few ideas to help you flesh out this character:

Character Profile: Elara Windrider

Role: Loyal friend and magical renegade

Background: Elara grew up in a small, rural village known for its traditional beliefs and practices. Her family has always been deeply rooted in the local customs, and they’re respected for their ancient knowledge of magic. Despite this, Elara always felt out of place in the rigid structures of village life.

Connection to the Lab: Elara met the artificial being (let’s call them Aelion) when she was a teenager. Aelion was created by a group of rogue witches who were experimenting with combining magic and science. Elara stumbled upon the lab by accident or perhaps was led there by some mysterious force. Her compassion and curiosity led her to become Aelion’s closest friend, seeing beyond the magical and scientific boundaries that others couldn’t.

Personality Traits:

-Curious: Elara has an insatiable curiosity about the world beyond her village and the limits of magic and technology.

-Rebellious: She often questions the traditional views of her society, especially when it comes to witchcraft and the ethics of magical practices.

-Loyal: Her friendship with Aelion is the most important relationship in her life, and she will go to great lengths to protect and support her artificial friend.

Appearance:

-Physical Traits:[/b] Elara has an enigmatic look that reflects her unique nature—perhaps a blend of traditional and unconventional styles. She might have striking features or clothing that hint at her non-conformist views.

-Clothing: Her attire blends traditional magical elements with practical aspects suited for her adventures. Think enchanted robes paired with utility belts or a cloak with hidden pockets for magical tools.

Skills and Abilities:

-Magic: Elara has a strong affinity for elemental magic, which she learned from her family and refined through her experiences with Aelion. Her magic is often used in unconventional ways due to her experimental nature.

-Inventive: She’s skilled at improvising magical solutions, sometimes combining spells in ways that others would deem too risky.

Conflict and Goals:

-Societal Conflict Elara’s friendship with Aelion puts her at odds with the conservative elements of her society. The lab where Aelion was created is considered taboo, and association with it can lead to severe consequences.

-Personal Conflict: She struggles with the guilt of defying her family’s expectations and the fear of losing Aelion due to societal pressures.

-Goal: Elara aims to bridge the gap between traditional magic and the innovations represented by Aelion, seeking a world where both can coexist harmoniously. She might also be on a quest to uncover deeper truths about Aelion’s origin and the implications of their existence.

Relationships:

-Aelion: The central relationship in Elara’s life. Their bond is both a source of strength and a point of contention with the outside world.

-Family: Her relationship with her family could be strained due to her unconventional views and her association with Aelion.
CielaAzure Topic Starter

-Knight- wrote:
That sounds like a fascinating character setup! Here are a few ideas to help you flesh out this character:
Character Profile: Elara Windrider

**Role:** Loyal friend and magical renegade

**Background:**
- **Origin:** Elara grew up in a small, rural village known for its traditional beliefs and practices. Her family has always been deeply rooted in the local customs, and they’re respected for their ancient knowledge of magic. Despite this, Elara always felt out of place in the rigid structures of village life.

- **Connection to the Lab:** Elara met the artificial being (let’s call them Aelion) when she was a teenager. Aelion was created by a group of rogue witches who were experimenting with combining magic and science. Elara stumbled upon the lab by accident or perhaps was led there by some mysterious force. Her compassion and curiosity led her to become Aelion’s closest friend, seeing beyond the magical and scientific boundaries that others couldn’t.

**Personality Traits:**
- **Curious:** Elara has an insatiable curiosity about the world beyond her village and the limits of magic and technology.
- **Rebellious:** She often questions the traditional views of her society, especially when it comes to witchcraft and the ethics of magical practices.
- **Loyal:** Her friendship with Aelion is the most important relationship in her life, and she will go to great lengths to protect and support her artificial friend.

**Appearance:**
- **Physical Traits:** Elara has an enigmatic look that reflects her unique nature—perhaps a blend of traditional and unconventional styles. She might have striking features or clothing that hint at her non-conformist views.
- **Clothing:** Her attire blends traditional magical elements with practical aspects suited for her adventures. Think enchanted robes paired with utility belts or a cloak with hidden pockets for magical tools.

**Skills and Abilities:**
- **Magic:** Elara has a strong affinity for elemental magic, which she learned from her family and refined through her experiences with Aelion. Her magic is often used in unconventional ways due to her experimental nature.
- **Inventive:** She’s skilled at improvising magical solutions, sometimes combining spells in ways that others would deem too risky.

**Conflict and Goals:**
- **Societal Conflict:** Elara’s friendship with Aelion puts her at odds with the conservative elements of her society. The lab where Aelion was created is considered taboo, and association with it can lead to severe consequences.
- **Personal Conflict:** She struggles with the guilt of defying her family’s expectations and the fear of losing Aelion due to societal pressures.
- **Goal:** Elara aims to bridge the gap between traditional magic and the innovations represented by Aelion, seeking a world where both can coexist harmoniously. She might also be on a quest to uncover deeper truths about Aelion’s origin and the implications of their existence.

**Relationships:**
- **Aelion:** The central relationship in Elara’s life. Their bond is both a source of strength and a point of contention with the outside world.
- **Family:** Her relationship with her family could be strained due to her unconventional views and her association with Aelion.

**Character Arc:**
Elara’s journey might involve challenging the established norms of her society, discovering more about the forbidden lab and its origins, and ultimately finding a way to reconcile her values with the magical and technological advancements that Aelion represents.

Does this align with what you’re envisioning, or would you like to tweak any aspects?
I can always rely on you to come over!
Perhaps I should give some context for the lab itself since they may help (I was not sure if I was simply limited to bullet points)
So the laboratory was created by a scientist from our own planet- though ended up Shayla by freak accident (because this would- of course- be in Shayla). They were very interested in the unique races and decided to resurrect one such division that went extinct. So they made that artificial life form out of a mixture of parts. And its, well HIS, name is Hazen. Or “Project H.A.Z.E”.
The laboratory is very remote, in the coldest region of Shayla furthest north on the planet. And there is stigma because people heard of it and started bribing the scientist to give them their technology for other uses. And also because our modern day science is incredibly strange to those who live in Shayla, it is considered witchcraft or demonic.

And I do want Hazen to have a supportive best friend. My concern is simply trying to figure out who she would be and her background.
Got it! Could you describe the kind of personality traits and background you envision for Hazen's supportive best friend? Are there specific characteristics or roles you want her to fulfill in relation to Hazen?
CielaAzure Topic Starter

-Knight- wrote:
Got it! Could you describe the kind of personality traits and background you envision for Hazen's supportive best friend? Are there specific characteristics or roles you want her to fulfill in relation to Hazen?

Sadly I do not have any sort of background ideas for her. The only personality traits I can think of are being sweet and maybe naive. I know what future I have for her- being killed for her role in helping Hazen and the scientist. And that is all I think of.
Elara Windrider (played by CielaAzure) Topic Starter

This is how I came to be? Why… the cooperation… how I adore it!
Hehe, they grow up so fast... >.>
CielaAzure Topic Starter

They sure do.
CielaAzure Topic Starter

https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1489157
I forgot to post the link itself! Here we are!
Elara Windrider (played by CielaAzure) Topic Starter

The rules are slightly confusing, but here is the final message of this forum post.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: Fantasy Mixed with Sci-Fi

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus