Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Hey, asking for character building help :)

So, I search pinterest for my OCs and i save them each to their individual boards. theres this one character I really, really want to use, because she would be my first anthro character- not Neko/Nekojin, just full on anthro. But my mind goes blank with what to do with her, and when I get an idea, I usually over do it, like trying to find out how she became sentient instead of just the animal she is, and I realize I don't need to do that. But I would like some assistance in coming up with ideas for her, if possible? Please and thank you!

5f17caea8f907c7ca1b6c0af2c5d67a4.jpg
028dee7dae0ecd965bf5fdb257528bc9.jpga6a828c6fd22549f96824627773483f4.jpg
So my question is, when you say ‘animal she is’ was she originally a quadrupedal animal, who eventually was able to take anthro form, or was she always anthro?
ForeverRain Topic Starter

Straye wrote:
So my question is, when you say ‘animal she is’ was she originally a quadrupedal animal, who eventually was able to take anthro form, or was she always anthro?

Thats what I'm not sure of yet, because if she was an animal able to eventually take anthro form, she'd be some form of goat or sheep, though i'd have to find the few species where even females had horns.
Fair enough. Well, in some fantasies, if an animal lives around magic it can gain sentience and transformation abilities after a while—which if you can find a good species, that’s a place to start.
If you need help deciding her origins, here's some ideas

1. She, as an animal, eats some magical something that becomes the fuel to her evolution.

2. Changed by an external catalyst beyond her control. The choice I most vibe with, as this let's you as writer to be unburdened in thoughts of origin, transformation or any other detail.

She may have emotions of herself as an animal, habits or whatnot, but this becomes her character

3. She grows up in a magical energy rich environment that gradually changes her. This is also an easy route, considering the change is gradually, giving you the opportunity to fill in the blanks.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Hey, asking for character building help :)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus