Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: New Celebrations

As the autumnal season finally arrived, it was time for Ja'vassa's favorite time of year. For centuries, at around this time of year, Ja'vassa had set up a small festival sit around his home in Falkreath, inviting people from all over Skyrim to join him for a time of peace, fellowship, drinking, and feasting. There wasn't often room for peace and relaxation like this, and so, he had to take advantage of the rare moments when they came. As the afternoon finally arrived, his preparation for the coming celebrations were finished.

1KJM23l.png

An array of various drinks and treats sat out on the countertop, meats and vegetables roasted over the firepits and now, all that was left for him was to simply wait for the usual partygoers. "You did well, Ja'vassa... everything looks beautiful today." The old Dragonborn muttered to himself, sipping on his cup of cinnamon apple cider.

[Non-Elder Scrolls OCs are more than welcomed to join!]
Father Pyratus (played by Jooters)

Suddenly, a deep, flame red portal opened up near the house. Out stepped a red clothed man, standing up tall and proper.
"Hmph... So this is Tamriel..." He muttered. "Don't see what's all too special about it..." He began looking around, scanning the area.
"Skyrim, they said this place was? Hmph... Looks similar to that... Magicka." He said with a shutter, as if he was disgusted to even say the word.
The man turned and noticed Ja'vassa, his fiery eyes sharp enough to burn a hole right through the khajiit.
"Oh? Is this some sort of festival?" He asked.
Ja'vassa Anair (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

Though the sudden appearance of the portal caught the old Khajiit by surprise, he quickly shook it off and the warm smile returned to his face. The stranger's words were a bit strange, but he supposed he couldn't fault an apparent visitor for being a bit skeptical of his homeland. Shrugging off the piercing gaze, he'd lean over the counter. "Aye. I just finished setting things up not too long ago, so it'd seem you're the first to arrive. Please, come and relax. Moments of peace and quiet like this don't come often in this part of Skyrim. I've got plenty of snacks and drinks ready, so do help yourself. If you care to stay for a while longer, I'll have some beef and venison roasts ready soon." Ja'vassa offered, grabbing one of the bottles of spiced wine he kept beneath the counter along with an empty glass. "Got plenty of mead and wine, and a few juices and ciders if you prefer something without alcohol, all handcrafted by yours truly."

The man nodded.
"Very well. I am in no rush to get anywhere, so I might as well enjoy myself a little."
Pyratus took a seat and held out his glass. He sat nobly, like a royal at a feast, contrasting the rugged outside of southern Skyrim. He picked up the glass and held it out expectantly for filling.
"Mead is for barbarians and farmers." He said coldly. "Wine would be nice, however. Is it of good quality?"
Ja'vassa Anair (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

"I'd certainly think so, it's been my signature recipe for centuries." Ja'vassa nodded, pouring a glass of the spiced wine. "Made from a mixture of snowberries, jazbay grapes, juniper berries, and then finished with a blend of cinnamon, cloves, and a touch of dragon's tongue. Aged for a few decades, a wonderful treat for a day like this." He explained, a certain pride flickering in his eyes as he listed off the ingredients. "I call it the Dragonborn's Reserve; once the signature product of the old brewery I ran long ago."

After pouring the glass, he'd turn back to the array of meats cooking over the firepits. "I haven't seen you around here before. Mind if I ask where you came from, stranger? Most folks tend to walk here or arrive by carriage; using a portal like you did isn't something I see all that often... or at all, really."

Pyratus nodded.
"You have not seen me as I am not of this plane." He said.
"I have been experimenting with spells that take me to other worlds, trying to find some way to solve... A dilemma I have been in for a while. I am Pyratus of the Holy Landorian Empire, leader of the elite military known as the Red Suns and creator of fire magic."
He spoke proudly of himself and his home, his fiery eyes shining with pride. Shortly after he finished talking, he took a sip a sip of his wine.
"Hmph..." He spoke. "I have had better... But I've also had worse. The empire produces the sweetest grapes I've ever tasted. I can't imagine a place as cold as this being able to produce something even remotely close to the finest wines of Landor, but this is satisfactory for now."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: New Celebrations

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Ilmarinen, Darth_Angelus