Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Epic Farming Game

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

*nodnods* There are soooo many things I'd like to add and refine! We'll see what I can do this week though XD
There's nothing gamebreaking so far aside from chests acting up sometimes, so I wouldn't fret too much!
Out of curiosity: how much are you handling client-side? It feels like most is happening on the server

Yeah Zelphyr has the most amazing problem with campfires lighting themselves while in storage
I can't find a recipe for these, Kim. Am I just blind? 7d313a363cc23fe04586308fdec5ab56.png

Client-side is mostly graphical, though some of the personal crafting timers are also client-side. I made the mistake of letting the client-side guess at what the inventory would look like after picking things up, and then syncing with the server later to see what actually happened (like if someone else picked the thing up first). This DOES make it feel more snappy, but it also leads to tons of confusion and stuff disappearing that you maybe didn't have to begin with.

@Magnakor No I think you're right. I did as many recipe as I could cram in with the time I had, but at some point I ran out of time for pixeling up little food icons and had to instead design a couple decade's worth of journal entries. (https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek/2021/library)
lol, that would do it!
whew, iron axe makes short work of trees

Our current server was not really designed or optimized to handle an MMO quite like this, but I've been pleased that it's mostly doing fine.

Leetle slow when it comes to dropping items, but tolerable.
ever since i got into computer building ive found myself wondering, what makes our old friend Server tick anyways?

@GrandFinale Mostly magic, glitter and rainbows. The power of friendship features heavily.
anyone got spare wood? I need some to make seeds
I have coal handy if you need.
betcha you've had to sink an unholy cash wad into hard drives in a raid array for RPR
ok the server really hates me harvesting an entire field of wheat :D
i salivate at the prospect of giving Server one of those super high-end 64-core threadrippers
actually no its a server thatd be the epyc version
That reminds me, I need to buy some bulk grab bags.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Epic Farming Game

Moderators: Keke, Cass, Claine, Sanne, Darth_Angelus